“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Wildwood, Missouri
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have stayed at this establishment weekly since October (2 months) and offer the following comments as to my stay here:

1) Most folks think it is a drag to stay at a hotel that is undertaking renovation; there has never been an instance that the new construction has interrupted my sleep, or any time spent at the hotel.

2) The new renovations are absolutely fantastic; this being the place to stay gets defined further and further daily by the improvements happening (Kudos owners).

3) This hotel is within walking distance from the mall, theaters, and restaurants, all within a few blocks walking distance; location, location, location . . .

Since I stay here often, I wish to offer these comments as well:

4) The Silver Trumpet Restaurant is awesome. Not being a Buffet guy, I am very pleased that they offer a hot cooked breakfast, to your order and make it a nice change from morning-to-morning.

5) Let's talk staff at the Silver Trumpet . . . I am greeted each morning by folks that I am beginning to consider family; they talk to me by name and make sure that the beginning to my day (very important) is care free, and allows me the time to get the Caffeine to Oxygen Ratio (C2O) correct (thanks Kara, Brandie, Emma, Jorge, and others) for your pleasant presence each morning).

6) Housekeeping is fantastic, paying attention to detail . . . They are the most honest folks around too, as I asked at the front desk "I leave $10 each morning, as a tip for the housekeeping staff, why won't they take it?" . . . I have to leave a special note to say "This money is for you," or, I have no doubt, I could leave a $100 bill and it would be there when I return.

7) The registration desk is great as well, handling the littlest of issues (like 'my romm card doesn't work the parking gate") with rapid professionalism; thanks Richie and the others (I apologize I am horrible with names, but they ALL rock!)

8) Last, but not least, I wish to thank the CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer) Jose' who handles the Silver Trumpet bar amazingly; we never want for anything as long as Jose' is around . . . Hat's off to Jose' . . .

Owners, your improvements demonstrate your commitment to providing your guests the BEST place to stay. Keep up the good work, I can only await the completion of the new improvements, and say "Wow!"

Regards,
Chip

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Orange County
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a Birthday celebration with friends and had a great time. We were close enough to walk over to South Coast Plaza to shop and eat. The hotel is right off the 405 fwy and close to gas stations and plenty of good food. The lobby area decent but it would be nice if it was staffed (lounge) for more than just a few hours. The front desk and valet were nice and friendly. The parking is onsite not cheap but normal for some hotels. Our room had a great little patio area to relax on also. This is a nice place for a night on the town or a girls outing.

Room Tip: I prefer high floors less noise form upstairs
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great service, lovely rooms and beds. Most important - honest staff. I travel up to 10 nights per months for work and always leave a $10 tip on the bed for the housekeeper. Imagine my surprise when I came back to my room and the $$$ were on the nightstand. I called the manger to express my surprise and to compliment the housekeepers integrity. He said for this hotel I must leave a note so she/he would know the intent of the $$$ as they are instructed not take anything from the room. He is putting her in for the weekly staff recognition. I hope she gets it!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper. They nailed it. Very quiet and peaceful.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Had a great experience staying at your property for the first time, felt extremely comfortable. All was clean, the staff was warm, helpful, friendly, informative needless to say Top Notch. I was impressed. Kudos! I will definately stay in this property again. Thank you for making it a great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms are comfortable, the layout is beautiful.
Orange County
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed for one night from a company party. Decor was beautiful and warm- yellow gold tones. Wood floor, granite sink and tub.Staff were friendly. Clean grounds. My only complaints were uncomfortable bed, sags in the middle, we're not heavy people either. My body ached. We could also hear guests' conversations while they were passing by . We ordered room service for breakfast and it was very good.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms have better views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shary813
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here the Wed before Thanksgiving and all I can really say about this place is wow. From check in, to check out the staff was all wonderful. The hotel is nice and clean throughout, and just pleasent in general to look at. As some people have mentioned, the parking is on the higher end, but I've stayed at lower end hotels where the parking was the same, if not higher. Do not let the parking fee keep you away from this hotel. We got a top floor room for an excellent price facing the pool area. While the balcony is not large, it is still nice to be able to step out there and enjoy the view. Additionally, the beds were nice and soft. The only problem I had was with the pillows. They were too soft for my taste, but otherwise a great experience.

The other great thing about this hotel was the location. You can just walk around in the evening and enjoy the waterway that is there.

As far as the bar area, as someone else mentioned before, it does close at 10pm, however it is a nice area, and the bartender was very friendly. He even stayed open slightly past 10 serving the few guests that were there having a drink. At no time did I feel rushed to leave the bar area even though the 10 o'clock hour had hit. If you enjoy spicy, try the popcorn. It had some habanero paprika spice to it that went excellent with the beer that I was enjoying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
#10 of 17 in Newport Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,484 reviews

Been to Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel? Share your experiences!