I have stayed at this establishment weekly since October (2 months) and offer the following comments as to my stay here:
1) Most folks think it is a drag to stay at a hotel that is undertaking renovation; there has never been an instance that the new construction has interrupted my sleep, or any time spent at the hotel.
2) The new renovations are absolutely fantastic; this being the place to stay gets defined further and further daily by the improvements happening (Kudos owners).
3) This hotel is within walking distance from the mall, theaters, and restaurants, all within a few blocks walking distance; location, location, location . . .
Since I stay here often, I wish to offer these comments as well:
4) The Silver Trumpet Restaurant is awesome. Not being a Buffet guy, I am very pleased that they offer a hot cooked breakfast, to your order and make it a nice change from morning-to-morning.
5) Let's talk staff at the Silver Trumpet . . . I am greeted each morning by folks that I am beginning to consider family; they talk to me by name and make sure that the beginning to my day (very important) is care free, and allows me the time to get the Caffeine to Oxygen Ratio (C2O) correct (thanks Kara, Brandie, Emma, Jorge, and others) for your pleasant presence each morning).
6) Housekeeping is fantastic, paying attention to detail . . . They are the most honest folks around too, as I asked at the front desk "I leave $10 each morning, as a tip for the housekeeping staff, why won't they take it?" . . . I have to leave a special note to say "This money is for you," or, I have no doubt, I could leave a $100 bill and it would be there when I return.
7) The registration desk is great as well, handling the littlest of issues (like 'my romm card doesn't work the parking gate") with rapid professionalism; thanks Richie and the others (I apologize I am horrible with names, but they ALL rock!)
8) Last, but not least, I wish to thank the CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer) Jose' who handles the Silver Trumpet bar amazingly; we never want for anything as long as Jose' is around . . . Hat's off to Jose' . . .
Owners, your improvements demonstrate your commitment to providing your guests the BEST place to stay. Keep up the good work, I can only await the completion of the new improvements, and say "Wow!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge the senses with unparalleled comfort and modern convenience at South Coast's most cosmopolitan address - Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel. Perfectly positioned midway between Los Angeles and San Diego, the hotel is opposite the Performing Arts center and 1 block from South Coast Plaza Mall. Guests can enjoy the Silver Trumpet Restaurant & Bar offering lunch and dinner menus and a breakfast buffet. Additional amenities include a fitness center, 24 hour room service, and outdoor heated pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and Jetsetter so you can book your Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Costa Mesa
- Costa Mesa Wyndham
- Avenue Of The Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel CA - Orange County