All reviews full kitchen second bedroom mon wed sports court liquor store front desk fire pit an extended stay dining table oatmeal every morning standard hotel living room newport beach orange county john wayne airport king bed
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Proair-purifier in our suite made the stellar stay
It’s unbelievably amazing to feel the difference it makes.
Joy -was extremely personable, you feel the sincerity over the phone, wanted to personally thank her during my trip, unfortunately was busy with clients at the everytime I was at the desk. She made sure that my requests where met, from status verification of my Marriott, to crib for my baby, and to any possible upgrade at the time of check in.
Joy - at the front was JOY from beginning to end
Carmella and Brenda - made sure we have everting that we needed, she made good follow up call in the room
Grant- helpful in the evening even if there was bunch of people checking in at the time when we needed the soap and shampoo to be refilled

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Sue C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay at the Costa Mesa Residence Inn. We are so blessed to have such great associates on our team and I will be sure to let them know about your feedback and how they helped make your stay memorable. We are hoping to see you again very soon when your travels bring you back to Orange County.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here because our place was getting renovated. It surpassed my expectations. The studio had everything a family of 4 could need. The pool was always clean and perfect and they had mixers on Monday thru Wednesday. Great stay.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Joy C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

We are so happy we could be your "home away from home" while you updated your home and that you enjoyed the pool and our RI Mix during the week. We hope you come visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2018

Stayed here for a few nights to spend time around the Newport Beach area. This is a great hotel for a family as there is a pool and basketball court available. The staff was fantastic, very helpful and even interacted with my kids. The rooms were well maintained and it was very quiet at night. The location is very good as the beaches aren't very far and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping options close by. It's right off the highway as well and easy to get around.

I will certainly stay here again for any trips in the area. One of the best stays I've had at a Residence Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far back are nice as it's more secluded.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

This means so much to us to hear how much you enjoyed your stay - and one of the best Residence Inn's. We want to make our guests feel like part of our family and so glad to hear you really got to experience all that Costa Mesa and Newport Beach have to offer. We will look forward to seeing you when you return to the area!

Reviewed June 26, 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights for business. 2 of the nights they had snacks in the lobby (chicken on a stick, salad, chips, etc) and beer and wine! Perfect, didn't need to go out to dinner. The staff was exceptionally friendly, the free breakfast was great. I LOVED the units, I drove back each day feeling like I was going to my own condo. The layout felt like a little resort, a cute pool and hot tub too. There is a mini outside mall next door for pizza, asian, liquor store - very convenient!

Room Tip: I didnt' hear any noise and I had a second floor unit. They were all first and second floor little buildings. Very cute!
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

We are so happy to hear that you liked the layout of our property and how you felt right at home. The breakfast is a great way to start off a busy work day and you were able to come and experience our RI Mix at night. Our location is so close to some neat restaurants right next door or right down the street. We hope that when business or vacation brings you back to Orange County that you will come "home" again.

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel for the accommodation of 4 kids and 2 adults. Having a full kitchen was going to cut down on our doos expenses. As well as location for 2 activities ( skateboarding and indoor jumping) This was our first time to this area.

The customer service is amazing. The ladies working the front desk are sweet and very accommodating.

Free hot and cold breakfast which is better then some other chain hotels. Enjoyed the breakfast a lot

To our surprise they also do free dinners on certain nights. It was 2 of our nights. We took advantage of one of the 2 nights. Pulled bbq chicken (options for sandwiches) baked beans. free wine and beer as well as non alcoholic.

This place also has a coin laundry room which helped with not having to pack a lot.

We didn’t partake in this but they even offer to do our food shopping and charge bill to room

Location was AWESOME!! Depending on traffic, 10-20 minute drive to Newport Beach. We actually went to Newport beach twice in 1 day. About 30 minute drive to Long Beach this was without much traffic.

I enjoyed the adults having their own room queen bed, private bathroom. Queen bed upstairs and a pull ouch couch. Place is in the older side so the bedrooms air flow was not as good as rest of place but this is to expected.

Place was cleaned pretty well. Refrigerator could have been wiped down better but very minor thing.

Pool is heather along with a hot tub.

I used the gym: Dumbells, Balls, Bench Cardio equipment. Even though limited you can still get in an awesome workout.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Joy C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

We are so excited you found our hotel and were able to experience all that Costa Mesa has to offer and its location close to all the beaches and attractions. The Penthouse suite is great for families and so glad you were able to enjoy breakfast as well as the RI Mix we offer Monday-Wednesday nights. The pool and sports court is great for the kids but glad you had time for a workout in our fitness room. We are so happy that you found us and we look forward to seeing you again when you come back to visit Orange County.