“Best Three Months In a Hotel I could spend.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach

Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Tampa, Florida
“Best Three Months In a Hotel I could spend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent three plus months at this location, the food was typically very good, actually the best of any Marriott Residence Inn I have stayed at, with the exception of the evening fare at the Pensacola FL location. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. The Manager (Sue) runs a good crew. Good breakfast, great variety.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms, I prefer the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for being a part of our family for three months and we enjoyed getting to spend time with you. We hope you come and visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Laguna Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were only there for one night, but were very pleased with the accommodations. We booked one of the 2-bedroom suites and it was like staying in an apartment. The full kitchen was modern and very functional and it was great to have a little living room with a fireplace! We found the beds to be really comfortable as well. We had friends that stayed in the smaller rooms and they too raved about the accommodations. There is a full breakfast served in the main lobby and it included something for everyone. Check-out is not until noon, which suited us just fine :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice to have a fully equipped kitchen in the room, but glad you let us cook for you and were able to enjoy our full breakfast in the morning. We hope to see you again soon.
calgary, ab
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place was excellent for our family get together (their was 20 of us). It was close to Disneyland, to the beach, shopping and easy access to the freeways. Yes it is close to the highway and it is noisy but I found that it was not that bad.

We had two penthouse suites and they accommodated us nicely. Other family members had books studio suites for the weekend. Altogether we had booked 5 rooms. All the rooms where clean and up to date with appliances.

The breakfast was always fresh and hot and the ladies who took care of the breakfast were extremely helpful and nice.

All the staff at the hotel where helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We are so happy we were able to host your 50th Anniversary celebration and we enjoyed being able to help make it a success. I will share your comments with our staff and hope that you can make this an annual "reunion" to spend with your family and friends.
Rialto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

to whom it may concern...welltravelledfam has no clue what hes talking about. this place was clean and appliances were modern and updated, the bed was super comfortable and our stay was nothing but pleasant. staff was helpful and courteous and i would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MonsterMikeRides
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and that are staff was helpful and enjoyed our spacious suites. We hope to see you again soon.
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I cannot believe Marriott would put their name on this property. It looks like a rehabbed low income property. The lobby area and front desk stinks like an old nursing home. I am a platinum marriott member, so I was given what was referred to as the penthouse. The room was sooooo creepy, a lower bedroom, and nasty loft above with a darkened comforter. Everything was so outdated. Also the property overlooks an abandoned bus parking lot and a liquor store. Do not stay here.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank WellTravelledFam
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
I am so sorry that you were disappointed by your stay. We are constantly doing upgrades and renovations to ensure our property looks up to date and I am sorry you were disappointed. We value your loyalty to Marriott as a Platinum member and hope that you will contact me prior to your next visit and I will ensure you will receive the level of Marriott service you have come to expect.

Thank you.
Redlands, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My teenage daughter and I were supposed to stay at the Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach the night before her early morning athletic competition this weekend. I chose the property primarily because it offered a free hot breakfast and was close to both South Coast Plaza and the gymnastics meet. Many reviewers have said that this is a quiet complex, but I was worried about freeway noise since it is near the 73. However, when I emailed the property coordinator, Anne Nielsen, she assured me that even though the hotel was indeed quiet, she would have me assigned to a room furthest away from the freeway. Then, when my daughter woke up sick Saturday morning and I had to cancel that evening's reservation, the front desk clerk--Andi, I think--was prompt in processing my cancellation. Although I never actually stayed at the Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, I was impressed by the friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Reviewers say that this is a quiet complex, but if you are sensitive to noise ask for a room away fr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TulipL0ver
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments. We understand how things can happen unexpectedly and this is the season for colds. I hope that next time you will be able to come and experience our hotel.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Highly recommend. Stayed almost 30 days. This is my favorite Residence Inn by far. Service is great, friendly staff, close to the 405. Hotel looks like an apartment compiles rather than your standard hotel. Rooms are spacious and desk is large. Close to shopping and everything else you need. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Southern California.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark W
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Our Extended stay guests are so very important to us and I am so glad that you were able to make our hotel your home away from home. I will share your comments with our staff and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Thank you!