“Nice Hotel + Very Good Service”

Costa Mesa Marriott
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Nice Hotel + Very Good Service”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed here for one night in the middle of March. The suites were large and I booked a great rate through the website that included parking. The hotel is clean, quiet and close to the Costa Mesa Plaza. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very comfortable. It has a nice big room which has a bedroom and a living area. It is very quiet and the staff are very friendly. It is not very modern but very clean. It is just a short walk to south coast plaza which is very convenient. It is located in a lovely area with a nice lake. There are quite a few restaurants nearby.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Layton, Utah
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Nice hotel, large suites with small balcony overlooking pool area. Rooms are clean and will maintained. Staff is great, day manager, I think his name was Mike, was very helpful. The only complaint is the parking is $23 a day and internet is $18 a day. Both of these should be free. The resturant is pricy but there are other options around.

Overall good hotel, nice quiet and central location. Would stay again if they had a free parking/internet deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I used my marriott points to book this hotel April 17th through the 18th. It certainly didn't blow me away. The property is dated, but appeared to be renovated, however signs of its age were showing. I really appreciated the separate sitting area. The staff seemed uninterested and didn't acknowledge that I was a silver elite member nor that I booked using my loyalty points. The parking was a ripoff. Over twenty bucks per night and no valet. Keep in mind this is a commercial area of Costa Mesa not downtown LA. What really irritated me were the cars that were parked in the 20 minute limit spots but were still there when I woke up the next morning - nice. Housekeeping should be commended as the room was cleaned immaculately. All in all, my stay was average, not great. Would probably not pay to stay at this particular property again, but would use points if the choice were presented.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank sumnereli
Mike C, Manager at Costa Mesa Marriott, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you very much for providing candid and detailed feedback from your recent stay at the Costa Mesa Marriott. I can certainly understand your frustration regarding your experience with parking at our hotel and for the lack of service and guest appreciation you mentioned regarding your check-in experience. In this regard, we did not meet your - or our own - expectations and apologize for the experience.

Also, I want to further extend my thank you for providing the recognition of our housekeeping department and the cleanliness of your room. We will be sure to share your feedback with our housekeeping team and with the rest of the hotel.

Our leadership team will review your comments for further review and consideration on how to better all of our guest's experience. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for being a Silver Elite member, we certainly appreciate your continued loyalty! We look forward to hosting you on your next stay.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 17, 2014

A nice hotel, comfortable bed, walking distance to South Coast Plaza, short drive from airport and other shopping. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking is a little too expensive, and the restaurant isn't great (go to Seasons 52 or any of a number of restaurants in the area instead). But overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed at this property several times. The rooms are large. The location is great and is easy walking distance to the South Coast Plaza. The team, especially the front desk staff is always very courteous. One thing bothered me this weekend and while it wasn't a deal breaker its worth noting. Saturday eveningI had a couple of glasses of wine at the bar and the bartender was fantastic. Great personality and a great person. Sunday at 1pm I had lunch at the bar. Different story. Picture 3 employees (two from kitchen I think) having a loud conversation in their native language while providing lethargic service. The female bartender was about about as unengaged as I've seen in a long long time. Slow motion would be doing a dis-service to slow motion. The golf was on so I wasn't in a hurry. But nobody in the restaurant and 20 minutes for a cobb salad? A cob salad who's romaine lettuce was "tired" and brown? Really out of character for this property and hopefully management will address it. I don't want to be at a bar watching golf with three employees barely out of the way of the screen engaging in a social conversation. I don't want to eat at an empty restaurant and wait 20 minutes for a very mediocre product. Maybe at Holiday Inn but certainly not at a Marriott.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The rooms need updating badly. Looks like Miami vise!! Lobby is nice and Marie at the bar is awesome! She has been there 12 years and says hi to just about everyone. This hotel is more of a business traveler hotel so she sees people on a regular basis. The big plus is that Mastros Steakhouse is right across the street!! $23.00 to self park is a joke!! You basically drive 50 feet to the garage! Whoever came up with charging a GUEST to park is an idiot. Marriott should be ashamed for following the piper!! It is BS. Staff is VERY friendly and helpful though which made me give it "C". This is a $100.00 TOTAL hotel at best.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mike C, Manager at Costa Mesa Marriott, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback from your stay at the Costa Mesa Marriott! We always strive to improve our guest’s experience and thank you for taking the time to provide us with detailed feedback.

Your notes regarding our parking arrangements will be reported to our leadership team for review and any future considerations.

Thank you also for providing wonderful feedback regarding our staff! Marie is certainly one of our best. I thank you for the feedback about her and our staff in general. We will be sure to recognize her and the rest of our staff for their friendliness and helpfulness.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Costa Mesa Marriott. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Mesa
Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
#9 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Costa Mesa Marriott? Share your experiences!