Costa Mesa Marriott
$105
Motel 6
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
$93
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$157
$145
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

$183
$104
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$157
$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

$137
$128
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

$130
$123
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

All reviewsfrench doorssouth coast plazaseparate bedroomroom ratefull servicebuffet breakfastnice hotelparking garageper dayfront desk staffrestaurants within walking distancehigher floorbit datedwet barorange countymini fridgesitting area
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just a quick business trip in and decided to stay closer to the airport to take advantage of the shuttle service and not have the hassle of renting a car so I chose this one, not exactly on airport property but close enough. I was a little shocked when it took over 25 minutes to get a shuttle in the middle of the day ... but the driver was nice enough, checked me in and finally got me on my way after telling me there was no concierge lounge and would I mind the 4th floor. I told him no but had no way of knowing that not only was it a lower floor, but I was directly across from the elevator. Yes, you know the drill, even though it's a suite, you can hear the elevator all night long and the airplanes, thank good stop after a certain hour. I went for a quick workout but the space was anything but inviting except the view of the pool out the one window which didn't have any equipment facing outward. There were only a selection of 3 types of cardio vascular equipment, 4 pieces of antiquated weight equipment (one of them broken but no sign on it) and some free weights and 3 fitness balls. I clearly needs some upgrading. Came back later that evening for dinner and the 10 seats at the bar were filled so I took a table and had the flatbread pizza that was recommended but came with burnt edges. On a good note, besides the tv being way too big for the room in the bedroom, the bed was as you would expect, Marriott down filled comforter white and clean ... if only I could have gotten the air conditioner to go down below 65 so I could have used it and enjoyed my much coveted Marriott bedding. In the morning, I called for the shuttle at 9:20 and was told it only left on the top of the hour so I was forced to take a cab back to the airport. That might have been information I would have liked to have had the afternoon before when I was dropped off but none the less, it will definitely make my decision easier next time I am in the area. I am sorry, but this Marriott is definitely not like the ones I love to stay in and I will do my homework a little better before booking Marriott again just based on the full-service even though I am a Gold member.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the elevator and on the pool side of the hotel; might be quieter with a better balcony view than the parking lot.
1  Thank pagelynn
aspou854, Manager at Costa Mesa Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

I wanted to thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room. Regarding the workout room I wanted to apologize for your experience, but I also wanted you to know that after the summer we will do a major renovation of the exercise room. I hope to see you on your next trip to Costa Mesa!

Audun

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Pros: Very Clean, Friendly Staff, Great Location, Good Food, Airport Shuttle
Cons: FEE FOR WIRELESS INTERNET, pay to park, everything is a la cart

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in April of 2013. The hotel is located in Orange County very close to the John Wayne Airport. The room rate was $209 per night, Which included almost nothing.

I paid an additional $13 per 24 hours for Internet access, the second question I was asked after credit card and photo ID was DO YOU HAVE A CAR?, $21 per day for parking.

This is a great hotel with no vlaue. NO, I would not stay here again unless they provide free internet, free parking, and free breakfast....

Breakfast - $18, Parking $21, Internet $ 13 ...Room $209 plus tax...total cost for two day stay $521.....Really?

No a good value....

Room Tip: There are better value hotels in the OC, the Residence Inn in Costa Mesa 1.1 miles away if less with free extras....
2  Thank Cladman2
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stay at Marriott almost exclusively and this property was average to their standards. The location is in mostly a business park area, not much to do close by. The rooms are suites but they are not very big, unfortunately. Upon arrival we were given a room that overlooked their service area (dumpsters), with the patio doors open we could smell it, so we immediately requested a room change. The next room had a great view of the pool and the man made lake next door but unfortunately we found someone's dirty sock in plain sight and several long, dark hairs in the bathroom. I notified the front desk the next morning but nothing was done to compensate for our less than expected stay. The pool area is decent although the pool itself definitely needed to be cleaned of the leaves and debris that had blown into it.
Overall just an ok stay, I don't think we would choose this property again though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great service! People are so friendly. The rooms are really comfortable and always clean and smelling good.
Breakfast us delicious.
Nice pool and a small , but good fitness center.
My room had a view to the pool and lake and it was beautiful!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel does not have the feel of a normal hotel located directly next to an airport. It has a much better feel than one of those hotels. Outdoor pool area is great and in a nice quiet area. Also close to the interstate but you can't hear it from the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business