See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 26, 2010

There are three things that really upset me about this place. First is that there are NO (as in 0) non-smoking rooms. I don't mean there were none available, I mean they don't exist here. I changed rooms twice due the smell. They are happy to advertise that they have non-smoking rooms, but in reality they simply have smoking rooms with the ashtray removed and some air freshener added. The "non-smoking" rooms don't even say non-smoking which makes it easy to sell the room however they want.

The second thing that upsets me about the place is its lack of king beds. I stayed here with my girlfriend and booked a room with a king. "Sorry, all out". The beds were very uncomfortable as well.

The third thing is what many other people have mentioned. It's next to the freeway extremely loud! I previously lived in a ground floor Manhattan apartment, one of the noisiest places to live, and was not bothered by the sound. This place, however, bothered me a lot.

There were several other less important things that I didn't like. The rooms feel cheap with frayed wires visible, no internet access (wired or wireless) which I assume is related to the frayed wires. Broken lights, broken elevator (it will take you to the 3rd floor but not back down), peeling paint, and just an overall cheap feel to the place.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2010

The hotel is about 50 yards from the freeway, so the traffic noise is terrible. If you cannot be guaranteed a room away from the freeway, book elsewhere. Also, it shares a parking lot with Hooters, so the Saturday night crowd is a little iffy.
Also, there is no computer with a printer so you cannot print out boarding passes.

The rooms were fine though.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2010

We generally rely on the La Quinta brand when traveling by car. This La Quinta is run down and in generally poor condition. The first room we were offered reeked of smoke. We were given a second room, but after moving in, found that the free wired Internet in the room didn't work. Two hours of phone calls, assistance from hotel personnel, etc. and the problem was not resolved. Toilet stopped functioning well after a few hours.

The only restaurant in walking distance is a Hooters, so good only if you crave deep fried stuff. There are other restaurants in driving distance.

This is a very inexpensive hotel, so one gets what one pays for, but this is beneath the La Quinta brand and that was an unpleasant surprise.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2010

No frills, just a clean room and nice staff. Our first room reeked of cigarette smoke and they were very accomodating in finding us another. Close to the freeway( real close!) and John Wayne airport as well as shopping.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2010

My wife and I spent three nights here for business and visiting relatives. The general location was great and the room was nice, but the freeway noise was like trying to sleep in the middle of the Indianapolis 500. We used pillows to try to muffle the noise coming through the bottom of the door. It helped a little., but not enough

The internet didn't work. I spent a long time with tech support to figure out the cable was bad. It worked fine after it was replaced. WiFi would have been better.

As others have noted, there are apparently a bunch of lowlifes living at this motel. One day there were five police cars at the motel and four "guests" were sitting on the walk with their hands handcuffed behind their backs.

I should have checked the reviews here before making my reservation!

The room rate was low... but far from the lowest in the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business