See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Room still had stuff in the dresser and dirty towel on the back of bathroom door. The TV flickered off when the closet or dresser was opened. The only restuarant in walking distance is Hooters. The bed was confortable and the A/C worked so the importent things were ok. Would not stay there again. Road construction in the area made it hard to find, thank you GPS. Parking is limited.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2012

If you are a non smoker, ask for a room as far from the pool area as possible, it seemed thats where it smells of cigarettes the most and get to breakfast early or settle for what is left.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Because of previous freeway widening and taking of land, parking may not be available in front of your room, but is plentiful on the property.

If breakfasting when the property is fully booked, arrive early and have considerable patience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The first room I was provided had no air conditioning, and no working lights. The two chairs from the table area were in the bathroom and the bathroom was dirty. I was offered a 2nd room which appeared to have none of these issues. I awoke the first morning to a huge spider hanging above my head from the ceiling. Two others made their presence known when I entered the bathroom. There was no hot water in the shower and a piece of the peeling paint on the bathroom floor affixed itself to my foot as I exited the bathroom.

I am not a primadonna. Yes – I have stayed at the Plaza, The Four Seasons and the Regency, but I have also stayed at Hiltons, Embassy Suites and two other LaQuintas – all with no issues. This was a travesty, and completely unacceptable.

I do not blame anyone that on the last night of my stay a group of drunk people attempted to enter my room – thinking it was their own – (There is a Hooters on the property) and I had to call the front desk to put an end to the entry attempt. I do, however, find fault that the receptionist could not even tell me the potential charge for calling an 800# from my room or that even after I asked for the engineer to fix the hot water – I still had none. It was tepid, at best. I did not request that the engineer return, because if he could not repair it the first time – I had no hope that a 2nd time would be a winner. This was a completely intolerable experience - I partially blame myself because I didn't take the time - as I do in my personal life to check tripadvisor first. Save yourself. Do NOT go to this hotel - and if ANYONE you know has rated this place higher than FAIR - second guess your relationship with them.

Room Tip: a good ROOM? choose a better hotel... this is a pit.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank noapologies
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Had just left La Quinta Inn Mission Bay and headed for the beach area of Orange County. The Mission Bay hotel was fabulous so I booked a room here thinking it would be the same. What a difference it was! The hotel is right next to Hooters and the parking area was full. The room was dingy, old and had a horrible smell. The carpet was old, the bed was broken down, the bathroom door scraped the floor, the towels was so scratchy I thought they would make great loofahs!
We stayed the one night and checked out. Moved into the Ayers Hotel Costa Mesa and what a
great find that was. Check out the Ayers and do not stay here unless you like the Motel 6 experience. Not all La Quintas are the same......

Room Tip: stay away!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple