See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed here for a family function. The function was taking place in Huntington Beach and when I found the La Quinta in Costa Mesa was only a few miles away I decided to stay here because I knew they took pets (We brought the dog). I have stayed at La Quntas before and really like them and this was (Like the title says) a little better and a little worse.
The room was much roomier than the last La Quinta I stayed in, and was very clean and comfortable. The freeway is right next to the place and can be a little loud for some, but since it's not far from the ocean the ocean breezes make it nice.
The little worse part was that the room, for some reason, did not come with a mini-fridge and a micro wave like the other places I've stayed at. It's only a minor inconvenience, but worth mentioning, because some people bring their own food and drinks.
The only close restaurant is Hooters, but that being said, they have an "In-Room-Dining" option which is, I guess a local restaurant that delivers. The food was mostly italian food and was not too expensive (Especially compared to some hotels expensive room service) and was very good.
The free breakfast was at the same location as other La Quintas, by the front desk and, although it's the normal continental fare was not big enough for a place with as many rooms as this place has.
Please don't get me wrong, we enjoyed our stay and didn't let the small things bother us because they are very small. The staff was extremely friendly and even called to make sure we were satisfied with our room. If you are in the area and need a place to stay I would definitely recommend this to you.
It's near the ocean, the freeway and close to John Wayne Airport, so it's very convenient if you are on a vacation that takes you all around Orange County.
By the way, if you bring the dogs, make sure you drive a few miles over to Dog Beach in Huntington Beach! It's a beautiful place with lots of friendly people and dogs.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jehjeh3711
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Last time I stayed in OC hotel was a Holiday inn, near this location. I paid $53. This was in 2002. Ten years later staying at this LQ 10 years later and paid almost the same. Great location by freeway, and a Hooters next door amongst others. If you are going to the OC beaches or OC entertainment Parks you can save big bucks and be 10 mins away!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Partsman999
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night for a quick business trip. I couldn't open the door to my hotel room, even though the green light went on when I inserted the key. I was on the 3rd floor and was dreading walking all the way to the front desk, but luckily had my cell phone and the room key jacket had the phone number on it, so I called and they sent someone to let me in.

I asked for a quiet room, and although they gave me a room away from the road, I still could hear the freeway, so perhaps this is not a great place for light sleepers. The room also smelled a bit like smoke, even though it was supposed to be non-smoking, but after I ran the AC unit for a bit, I didn't notice the smell so much.

Bedding was nice and clean, bathroom was clean with soap and shampoo (no conditioner). Towels were clean too. Bed was comfortable and pillows were fluffy enough. The room came with a hair dryer and iron/ironing board, but my board did not have an ironing board cover on it, so was of no use.

Check-in was easy. I checked online and the rate the night I checked in was less than my originally booked rate, so they changed it for the lesser rate. That was nice of them and saved me $20. Parking is free and well lit (although its attached to a nearby Hooters Restaurant). This is a huge hotel. I could see how one may have difficulty finding their rooms. There are a lot of stairs as well. Although I did see elevators, I did not use them.

Breakfast is included. It was minimal--muffins, danishes, cereals, waffles that were premade to be put in the toaster, yogurt, single serve orange juice containers, single served milk containers, oatmeal and coffee. Also bananas and apples. I appreciated that some of the cereals were not the boring sugary types and that they were in individual packages as opposed to one of those bulk pour into your bowl bins.

Internet is also included in was decent.

So, overall, a good place to stop by for the night and nicer than a motel 6, but not really a place to stay for more than a day or two.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank SunnyDTraveler
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed there on New Year's Eve, nice, clean and reasonable price. Good conti. breakfast. Definitely will come back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank derektt1
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights. Yes it is close to the freeway, but where our rooms were positioned it was not a problem at all. Have to say the first room had a minor problem, but the desk clerk handled it quickly and efficiently getting us moved to another room rather than wait for maintenance! For the price of this room I was quite satisfied. I found the beds comfortable, the room clean!!! No it is not a brand new place but totally acceptable for the rate paid. We will stay there again when we are in the area! It more than met our needs and expectations.

Room Tip: Request on the side away from the freeway if noise is an issue for you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends