See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here at the last moment and had to find a place for one night. We had to wait an hour to check in as neither of the offered rooms were ready. They offered to store our bags so I had to struggle with 3 cases across the hotel while the attendant walked ahead of me. When I finally asked for help through a door he seemed surprised! The freeway noise was so loud we had to shout when out by the pool. We decided to forgo that swim. The room smelt stale and the bath took a few hours to drain. The beds looked clean and pretty new but the rest of the hotel was awful. They offered a free brekafast but apparently many of the guests think free means "all you can eat for the day" as I watched a number of groups load up with heaps of stuff and go back to their rooms. The staff watching didnt seem bothered at all. If you want a cheap hotel close to South Coast Plaza and dont care about a loud, poorly run hotel this is for you.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband & I stayed at this location July 22 & 23, 2011, we had come from Colorado for a business conference (at another hotel) and stayed a couple extra days for pleasure (moved from the other hotel to this hotel). I almost always stay at La Quinta's mainly for the free Internet and breakfast included.

First thing we noticed as we are walking up the stairs to our room is the near deafening sound of the 405 Freeway that we now realize we are almost on top of - okay, my fault for not paying more attention to the location when I booked it. Lesson learned.

Well, after we checked in we could not connect to the Internet, so I called the front desk and he said he would re-set the router "that usually takes care of it" .... so right away I know this is an ongoing problem. At least twenty minutes later I can still not connect, call the front desk again and he informs me that he had not done it yet. I gave up and went to bed - frustrated.

The next morning we go to the lobby area for breakfast. It is a total zoo !! First, the selection of available food was the worst I had, by FAR, EVER seen at a La Quinta ... with Eggo-type waffles, tiny cartons of apple & orange juice, no cereal, no forks, 3 bagels total, 1 bag of instant oatmeal, 2 toasters that were broken/not working so we couldn't even toast our Eggo waffle, piece of toast or bagel. Staff trying to be helpful between actually running over to throw some food in the bins and the tiny fridge and then running back to the front desk, and as soon as they put the small amount of food down, it was gone. Swarms of people squeezed into this extremely too small of a space with tables so close together that you were touching the elbow of the person next to you, or as I chose to do ... I ate standing up right inside the front doors of the lobby. It was Awful !!!

We then gather our things in our room for the day out, put the "Do Not Disturb" card in the key slot and leave. We come back many hours later ("Do Not Disturb" card still in key slot) to find a dirty, oily workers rag on the desk (next to my laptop computer) !!!! I immediately call the front desk and tell them what I just found - he had no explanation for me other than, "Maybe they were checking to see if you checked out". I was outraged ! A little while later we go to bed and I realize that the TV in the room had been changed out along with a different remote. Guess that was more important to this place than My Privacy !!

The next morning my husband went down earlier to the breakfast thinking that might help - no such luck - chaos all over again. We immediately checked out and left - NOT to return - Ever !!

Did I forget to mention the pieces of dog food we found all over the floor in the room??

Room tip: Stay in a room that DOES NOT face the 405 Freeway
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashandnic
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Hotel sits a stones throw from 405,so naturally there will be some noise.Our room had double pane windows which shut out most noise...room smelled a little stale..but got used to it..my chief complaint was we arrived at 930 tired and sleepy....window air unit blowing cool air.....no knobs on unit and wall thermostat not working.Called down stairs explaining to young lady not working correctly,,,,kept telling my wife same thing over and over.."KNOBS" turn them....lol There are none!!! Said I'll be up in a minute..... nevershowed!!!! We slept ok that night...next day told them about problem....this time they were pretty quick to respond..different people different attitudes!!!!! Breakfast was fine, located next to Hooters, so that was fine,:-).........overall it was ok,

Reviewed July 6, 2011

This was a terrific place to stay. There was a really nice and accommodating front desk man named Tyronne who went above and beyond the call of duty. The shower, room, and breakfast was great, and we couldn't beat the price. Overall a great experience, especially thanks to Tyronne.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The hotel staffers are friendly. Room is clean. Location is noisy ....next to busy freeway :(

Date of stay: December 2010