See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband & I stayed at this location July 22 & 23, 2011, we had come from Colorado for a business conference (at another hotel) and stayed a couple extra days for pleasure (moved from the other hotel to this hotel). I almost always stay at La Quinta's mainly for the free Internet and breakfast included.

First thing we noticed as we are walking up the stairs to our room is the near deafening sound of the 405 Freeway that we now realize we are almost on top of - okay, my fault for not paying more attention to the location when I booked it. Lesson learned.

Well, after we checked in we could not connect to the Internet, so I called the front desk and he said he would re-set the router "that usually takes care of it" .... so right away I know this is an ongoing problem. At least twenty minutes later I can still not connect, call the front desk again and he informs me that he had not done it yet. I gave up and went to bed - frustrated.

The next morning we go to the lobby area for breakfast. It is a total zoo !! First, the selection of available food was the worst I had, by FAR, EVER seen at a La Quinta ... with Eggo-type waffles, tiny cartons of apple & orange juice, no cereal, no forks, 3 bagels total, 1 bag of instant oatmeal, 2 toasters that were broken/not working so we couldn't even toast our Eggo waffle, piece of toast or bagel. Staff trying to be helpful between actually running over to throw some food in the bins and the tiny fridge and then running back to the front desk, and as soon as they put the small amount of food down, it was gone. Swarms of people squeezed into this extremely too small of a space with tables so close together that you were touching the elbow of the person next to you, or as I chose to do ... I ate standing up right inside the front doors of the lobby. It was Awful !!!

We then gather our things in our room for the day out, put the "Do Not Disturb" card in the key slot and leave. We come back many hours later ("Do Not Disturb" card still in key slot) to find a dirty, oily workers rag on the desk (next to my laptop computer) !!!! I immediately call the front desk and tell them what I just found - he had no explanation for me other than, "Maybe they were checking to see if you checked out". I was outraged ! A little while later we go to bed and I realize that the TV in the room had been changed out along with a different remote. Guess that was more important to this place than My Privacy !!

The next morning my husband went down earlier to the breakfast thinking that might help - no such luck - chaos all over again. We immediately checked out and left - NOT to return - Ever !!

Did I forget to mention the pieces of dog food we found all over the floor in the room??

Room Tip: Stay in a room that DOES NOT face the 405 Freeway
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashandnic
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Hotel sits a stones throw from 405,so naturally there will be some noise.Our room had double pane windows which shut out most noise...room smelled a little stale..but got used to it..my chief complaint was we arrived at 930 tired and sleepy....window air unit blowing cool air.....no knobs on unit and wall thermostat not working.Called down stairs explaining to young lady not working correctly,,,,kept telling my wife same thing over and over.."KNOBS" turn them....lol There are none!!! Said I'll be up in a minute..... nevershowed!!!! We slept ok that night...next day told them about problem....this time they were pretty quick to respond..different people different attitudes!!!!! Breakfast was fine, located next to Hooters, so that was fine,:-).........overall it was ok,

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This was a terrific place to stay. There was a really nice and accommodating front desk man named Tyronne who went above and beyond the call of duty. The shower, room, and breakfast was great, and we couldn't beat the price. Overall a great experience, especially thanks to Tyronne.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The hotel staffers are friendly. Room is clean. Location is noisy ....next to busy freeway :(

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I needed to stay one night in Orange County so I decided to cruise on over to the La Quinta in Costa Mesa, which is close to the John Wayne airport and the South Coast Plaza. The hotel is located right on the 405 freeway and Harbor. It's a bit noisy with all the traffic going by all the time but what else can you expect when staying next to the freeway. The rooms are as expected, not glamorous but in good shape and with enough appointments. The lobby and pool area are nice also. The room includes breakfast which has the usual stuff but I didn't have any of the offerings. Others seemed to enjoy it. The unfortunate thing was that my room was in an area where the internet router was not working very well. I couldn't get a good internet connection. I called the support desk for the internet but the support guy couldn't help me. I tried to contact the front desk and they too tried to do some things but they did not work out either. The next morning when I was checking out the clerk asked me if the internet problem worked out. I replied that it did not but I was able to use it in the lobby. To my surprise she removed 10 dollars from my bill due to the internet problem. I think that was a nice gesture and worth mentioning. I wish some other hotels would take notice of these kinds of things. I give them an excellent in service due to this. They couldn't get the internet to work in my room so they removed 10 dollars off of the bill without even asking for a discount or anything. Now they are on the top of my hotel list in this area.

Room Tip: Stay here for a reasonably priced and decent hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo