See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We stayed at the La Quinta because we had an early morning flight out of Orange County. I wish I had noticed that the good reviews were from 2006! First, it sits right under the 405 and the freeway noise was constant all night. If that wasn't bad enough, we had a cricket inside our room! The carpeting was so worn it had holes in it. The shower tile was moldy and the water in the shower was restricted to little more than a dribble. The breakfast was straight 7-11 prepackaged pastries, cereal (Cornflakes only), yogurt and drinks. I expect more for $80 a night.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We got a great rate on our week long stay at this hotel. We were in town for my daughter's graduation. There were lots of activities to attend. While on the road, it was necessary to have a WiFi connection. The connection at this hotel was pretty much non-existent. We contacted technical support three times and the front desk twice. Finally, they said that we could change rooms to get a better connection. Their staff helped us move all of our belongings to the new room. The WiFi connection in that room was even worse. We had to go to the lobby to use the the WiFi connection there. We were on the freeway side of the hotel, so consequently, LOTS of freeway noise. There was not any weather stripping on the door jams to slow the noise down. My best ear plugs were put to the test. The hotel has a policy of 100% satisfaction. So much for that! They were very accommodating when our travel plans changed and we needed to leave early. I think the staff must be used to apologizing for the bad WiFi connection. While sitting in the lobby using the WiFi and listening to new guests check in and then coming back to complain about the WiFi, I felt so bad for the staff members there. This was definitely a known issue. The manager had said that they were in the middle of an upgrade. The staff seemed genuinely surprised when yet another person came into complain about the internet connection. On busy nights guests from the restaurant next door would fill almost half of this hotels parking lot. Makes it pretty difficult to find a place to park. As far as the rooms go, pretty plain / basic...bed, pillow, bathroom, window. Go somewhere else!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Was traveling on business and did not plan on being in the room much so I just wanted a simple clean hotel room. Did not find that with this La Quinta location. Size of the room was typical for a motel. Arrived very late at night so I just jumped straight into bed. The bed was very hard. Tried to take a shower the next day and the shower did not work (water only came out of the faucet, not out of the shower). Informed the front desk and they moved me to another room. Although my new room had a working shower it only had two water temperatures, cold and ice cold. Free wireless internet was slow. Room did not have convenient electrical outlets to charge electronics such as cell phones, laptops, etc.) Continental breakfast was skimpy. Hotel was conveniently located with easy on/off access to the I405 but there are many other better lodging options in the area. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2010

This hotel is right near the 405 so unless you love hearing cars constantly day and night, you should look for another place. We stayed for 2 nights and really expected more from Laquinta. The rooms were okay to sleep however the bathroom was disgusting. There where yellow and black stains on the tub itself and long strands of hair when we first took a look. Costa Mesa is a nice town but this is not the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2010

The hotel is noisy, very noisy, the freeway is very close to the hotel, if you really want to stay here you need to book on the other side of the hotel. We were lucky enough to be able to move rooms. Once we turned out the lights and tried to sleep we realized it would be a horrible few days if we stayed in the same room, so we changed to the other side.

Other issues:
The air conditioners smell like mold.

The washing machine was broken, I did landry only to find out I had to ring out every one of my clothes myself before drying them. I started at 9pm, I did not finish until 2am!!!!!! And of course there are no maintenance staff at night.

The day staff were less than helpful, attitude problems.

There are really no places to eat near here, hope you have a car. Ikea has a place to eat, if you get there at the right time. Other than that, good luck.

Once we moved rooms things were a little bit better, but the overall experience here just wasn't good. I guess its saving grace was that they allowed us to change rooms and the rooms all had free internet. The maintence staff, although his English is not very good, is very helpful!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple