“pleasant surprise”

Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed over the road at the very tired Holton Costa Mesa for years, but decided to climb out of the safety zone and cross the road to the Crowne, especially as I just joined the Gold Ambassador Club. best thing I did for ages. Flew into LAX from Australia, arrived at hotel 8.30am. No problem at all checking into a room at that hour!! Received the Club upgrade. Given breakfast voucher to use them, plus another for the next day, plus another drink voucher, all for a single night stay. Staff were great, room was nice enough for the location (and price), pool was good, all in all, they have me for life!! Well done Crowne.

Room Tip: go the upgrade with Gold Ambassador Club
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have completely enjoyed our Thanksgiving holiday.
Our stay was great as the staff is very sweet and helpful. The room was very nice , clean, and comfy. We have stayed for 4 evenings and we were able to enjoy the hotels restaurant the Savoy. The food is scrumptious and service excellent. Our server favorites were Ana on Thanksgiving evening then Ashley and Brenda the next evening. All in all this hotel restaurant and all the employees get a 5 star vote from us! Really loved our stay.!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Ashley is an awesome bartender/ waitress. she has a great personality, and a memory like an Elephant and the food was excellent also , the rooms are nice and clean and hotel is close to our destination. I wish they gave more discounts through the Internet clcdws

1  Thank clcdws
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times and it has always been a good experience.

The hotel is clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful.

In the bar, Ashley is amazing. She remembered my name and drinks after only having been here once before a few months previous!

The food is good, the rooms clean and quiet. Overall, its a nice place to stay.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

My favorite part of the hotel is the bar.... Love the holiday spirit. I have stayed here for a few days now and it's been super mellow and chill. Extra close to mall to shop. Ashley and Elizabeth, thx for the hospitality... Tis the season

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The staff was awesome very attentive to my requests. The rooms were more then accommodating. The banquet staff especially Oscar Guzman, did a spectacular job. The onsite restaurant and bar also provided incredible service, Ron, Javier, Ashley stellar. We used the shuttle where Omar was punctual which made our excursions to dinner perfect

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Have stayed here twice now. Used to stay at the Westin up the street but they got so expensive! I actually like this hotel better. Its newly remodeled and modern but still cozy. The beds are comfortable and everything is always clean. The staff is really nice and they have great perks here! Free wifi. Free parking (well, it was free last year and free valet this year due to construction but I guess its usually $10 now). A complimentary shuttle to the mall...and you can schedule it to take you elsewhere if its close by. Its also walking distance to some other little places in the area.

Haven't tried the food so I can't say anything about that....but the room service pricing isnt offensive like most places. I have stayed on the bristol street side and did not have a noise issue. Maybe it just depends which room it is? I personally love this hotel and don't understand why its been so empty when I'm here. Of course the lack of crowds/noise is nice though :) I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family