“Fabulous customer service”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
San Francisco, California
“Fabulous customer service”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We recently spent the weekend here and were so impressed by the positive attitude and outstanding service of all the staff, from the front desk to the restaurant wait staff and housekeeping. Erik in the restaurant remembered the specifics of our breakfast order from the first morning, making us feel like more than just another table to serve. Kudos to all!

Room Tip: Our room facing the street was a little noisy at night. I suggest choosing one at the rear of the ho...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Pro's:

Nice hotel with a really good breakfast buffet.
Staff is very friendly and accommodating.
Rooms are nice but a little weathered in spots.
Wi-Fi works well.
Price was very reasonable.
Ample parking on a non- Friday/Sat night.

Neutral:
Location: I had to backtrack to get to the hotel when coming back from Newport area. OK to leave from there though.
Cleaning people took our remote? Batteries were low in the first remote.
AC a little noisy.
High def TV with no HD signal.

Negatives:
Parking spots are super narrow in the garage.

Room Tip: Try to get the rate that includes breakfast. Their breakfast is above average especially when they...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel as my Mother in Law, Husband and I were in town for a friends wedding. We had organised to stay in a room with a king size bed (this also helped us get a deal, being guests at this particular wedding) and we had requested that another small bed (for my Mother in Law) could be added to the room. Yes, they said. After booking, my Father in Law confirmed with the hotel staff that there were three adults coming and we would need an extra bed, we were told this was no problem. A couple of days before our arrival, my Mother in Law phoned to confirm the extra bed and the staff told her that there would be an extra bed in our room. Upon arrival at 3pm, we were told the room was not ready and we would have to wait until 3.40pm and we could change for the wedding in the restroom. We had to leave the hotel at 4pm, so had to take the room with one bed. Whilst we were at the wedding (arrived back to the hotel at midnight), no extra bed was put in the room, so the three of us had to share a bed. Not good enough!!!! The air conditioner was also very noisy. Room 116. Other than this, the hotel was very nice, very well furnished etc and it doesn't put me off staying at any other Crowne Plaza, just this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear E_Arkley,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, the roll away bed and the air conditioning which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I would like to share good experience with Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange Country trip advisor guy Greg. Greg is very helpful and excellent guy. He give us a ride to shopping and dinner. He is very knowledge and he knows all around. I am very happy with service and hotel.

Thanks you,
Neville & Jennifer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Front desk was polite. Anosh the front drake girl was super.buffet was really tasty and fransico was courteous. Ashely the bartender was a lively personally that made our evening very entertaining.
I recommend this place any time.

• Stayed August 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Honestly, I do not recall being this overall happy with a hotel in recent memory! The property is maintained to meticulous standards, immaculately clean public areas, as well as guest rooms, the layout of the hotel is ideal for convenience, and the staff is outstanding! Every single person I encountered from the front office staff to the housekeeping and engineering staff gave me a very sincere warm greeting, asked if I was in need of anything, and genuinely seemed to care! The front desk team simply could not do enough for me, quite literally falling all over themselves to be of service! I saw a great deal of pride virtually everyone seemed to exude in their property, which is of course most unusual but very welcome in today's world!! Of particular mention at the front desk, Aanouchi (sp?--if this is incorrect, it is the agent who works the morning shift, who is from Wales) was just spectacular!

Room Tip: It is my belief from staying at this hotel numerous times that all rooms are basically comparable...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm an Angeleno through and through, but some celebrations in Orange County have left me in need of a "second home." Luckily, I think I've found it. Nestled at the cusp of South Coast Metro and Costa Mesa, this hotel is truly convenient, comfortable, and clean. The staff is incredibly friendly, and make sure to visit the bar for some great specials. I stayed two weekends back to back in July, and both rooms were spic and span, comfortable, and quiet - which induced peaceful rest after a day of adventures. Good things to note: they have a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile proximity - including the OC Fair! There is a McDonalds a few steps away for some fast food needs. Down the street is a mini mall plaza with plenty of restaurants to try, and extremely close is a Japanese market with delectable delights. I wasn't able to try the breakfast buffet, but three different patrons recommended it during my stay. If the outdoor parking gets full, there's a parking lot in the back which doesn't get too full. The security guard there on weekends, Malia, is extremely helpful. I enjoyed my stay so much that I'm hoping I'll need a room for my next OC visit! Thank you, Crowne Plaza!

Room Tip: I stayed both on the first and the third floor, both of which were easily accessible and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends