“Quick business stay”

Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay at this great property early last week. The rooms were recently renovated and the staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. From the front desk to the restaurant/bar staff and the housekeeping team, I never saw a face without a smile on it. This is a hotel I would recommend to others without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week. Work was extremely busy so it was great to return in the evening to the hospitality of Ashley and the rest of the restaurant/bar staff. They were all very friendly. Before I sat in my seat Ashley had my beer on the table. I will return for sure. Go Sox!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. We travel to Orange County 2-3 times per year and tend to not stay at a different place each time. This was a very restful and enjoyable trip. I liked the proximity to South Coast Plaza and the shuttle service was absolutely fantastic and very flexible. I would have preferred a room on the top floor, but none was available at the time.

The only thing that I found disturbing was that the hallway carpets were rather dirty with spilled food and cola stain marks, but a couple of days prior to our departure, this was cleaned. It should, however, be a priority to keep the hallway carpets clean and patrons need to be more respectful of hotel property in general!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VictoriaP09
Reviewed July 13, 2013

From the free shuttle wherever we want to go to the great food, fun pool, and beautiful rooms this was a great deal!!! The duck confit fries and espresso martinis amazing! I was so impressed with how friendly the staff is and so accommodating!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I will stay there again just for the rain shower, room service and the bar. Ashlee served me at the bar all 3 nights I was in town for work and she was great. My room was very clean, comfortable and had everything I needed. I love how easy it is to get to the hotel, lots of open free parking, free Internet and close to everything. Ill be back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I often travel early out of SNA airport and prefer to stay nearby so I don't have to get up to drive an hour. I was thrilled to hear that the old, outdated Crowne Plaza shut down and moved to a new location. I initially thought I was going to be disappointed when I pulled up to the hotel, but the inside of the hotel is boutique style with more updates in progress. The staff is great at both the front desk and at the bar. The rooms are fantastic with completely updated bathrooms. After a little research, I discovered the CP bought this hotel from a private operator that were trying to make it a higher end boutique hotel. Most of the materials in the hotel are high quality, there are some painted finishes showing wear that need to be replaced (interior of elevator and top of the bar). The restaurant is comfortable and I am anxious to host a little party in the adjacent private dining room. The location is conveniently located on the opposite side of the highway from South Coast Plaza. The hotel has a shuttle to take you to all of the restaurants, we decided to take the 10 minute walk to enjoy dinner at the Plaza. It is nice to be able to have a couple drinks and not worry about driving a car. If you are a Priority Club member, they have special rates to earn bonus points towards future stays.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I absolutely adore this hotel! Phenomenal staff, excellent housekeeping, with a nice and modern flare. I have an upcoming reservation at the end of this month and was upset when I was going to stay at a different crowne plaza, but I rearranged my trip dates just so I can stay here! Lance has once again out-done himself at providing excellent service even when I called the hotel at 3AM at night! Fantastic!

This will be my 3rd time staying at this hotel and many more times to come.

This hotel definitely provides the high quality hotel, service, at a reasonable price!

P.S Their beds are sooooo comfortable!

Room Tip: When you can, choose the King bed rooms! They have better bathrooms!!