“Greatest Staff”

Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I recently visited Costa Mesa and stayed at the Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa
Jorge and Javier were so helpful and wonderful- they helped me so much after my luggage was lost from the airline- these guys were on top of it from the moment I entered the hotel. They should be commended for their outstanding service.
The hotel was great and very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I frequently stay at the Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa on business, and my needs are always accommodated by the very courteous staff. If I need to check in early or check out late, never a problem. Particular praise goes to Jorge, of the front desk staff, and to Javier as well. They made sure I had everything I needed and wanted when I checked in. Very pleasant and professional.

1  Thank ma2x2tt
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Reading the previous reviews, I was torn whether to stay at the Crowne Plaza or the Westin...
I definitely made the right choice!!
This hotel is very modern, chic and elegant!
The lobby is beautiful, and the restaurant has a very classy ambiance.
Some had written about the hall ways needing a little updating and I agree.
The rooms are VERY nice and clean! I had an executive king suite and it was spacious! Beds very comfy, bathroom is excellent and again extremely clean!!
There's even great soaps, shampoo's and conditioners!
A little treat that I found so fun was a little sleep tight kit- soothing lotions and a spray that has essential oils to help you rest well... Love it!
Well done Crowne Plaza!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ames3778
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently had a wonderful stay at the newly remodeled Crown Plaza. The staff was extremely
friendly and attentive especially Jorge at the front desk. The rooms were very nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. Both the pool and hot tub were heated which made for a nice experience on those chilly evenings. Also, the food was outstanding in their restaurant.

2  Thank Chillit1
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here a week for business. Was given a room in the "Executive" wing. Nice and quiet! Entire room was very clean. The bed was really comfortable with lots of pillows to choose from. The room had a sofa bed as well. Nice not to always have to sit on the bed or in the desk chair. Bathroom was large enough with a super shower - one of those rain shower heads. There was also a hand held shower head, if you wanted to use that. Water drained well from the tub! (Nothing worse than standing in inches of dirty water.) They offered average amenities of shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, and soap.
I was surprised that the room did not have a little refrigerator. They do have them as an extra you can request for $10/day. They took this off my bill at the end for being an Ambassador member.
The front desk and all the staff were excellent - pleasant and efficient. The hotel is near a huge mall (South Coast Plaza) with lots of upscale designer stores. Name a designer and they are probably represented. There is a shuttle that will take/return you. Area is nice - I felt quite safe.

I ate the breakfast buffet daily. It was the usual eggs, bacon (really good!), potatoes, breads, etc... All was hot and fresh, just not much variety. I did eat in the restaurant for lunch and had room service twice. All meals were delivered as promised and hot or cold as the meal required.

The work out room was fine. I only used the treadmill. They provide towels, water, and TV. Did not use the pool.

I will definitely stay here again. I already have another reservation here in a few weeks.

2  Thank travelerscubed
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days on business. It has a nice location next to the mall for evening dinners and to just waste some time. The breakfast buffet was good, but I didn't eat any other meals there. The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. It does have shuttle service to/from the SNA airport. Supposedly, the shuttle also runs to anywhere in Costa Mesa, but every time I asked they were too busy so I ended up taking a cab.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eskens
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was on a business trip. Stayed there for a week. Got a surprise bottle of red wine and fruit plate when checked in the room. The King bed is very nice. The service crew were fantastic. A guy from front deck Grant is really good and very helpful. I would stay there again. Only improvement can make is to make different stuff for breakfast.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool area