“Joyful stay, Great location”

Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Joyful stay, Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel is located in a very convenient place that is easily accessed from the main highway (405), and it has a big parking lot + garage, the rooms are spacious but the only thing missing was the fridge, you have to pay an extra 10$/day for it and that just didnt make sense. the housekeeping are nice and helpful and most importantly their integrity.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the exits because the hotel lacks elevators and it has exits (stairwells) all...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very nice hotel, brand new furniture and very good service. Our room was very clean and tidy, equipped with every amenity. Big and clean bathroom, many towels and spectacular shower.
Small but well equipped gym, nice pool.
Very nice and kind staff, available to assist you at anytime!
The hotel is close to the freeway, John Wayne airport; Newport Beach and the Irvine Spectrum are only 10 minutes away.
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful given what we had to put up with.
The walls are paper-thin. The first night I was woken up multiple times to "ungodly" noises from the room next door. I didn't complain, as the hotel was not responsible for the quality of guests and their inappropriately LOUD behavior. And thin walls is something that couldn't be helped at that point.
We also stayed the night of the party last Saturday. We woke up to a crowd of people outside our door trying to enter the room "by drunken mistake." We called down and were told the police and security guards were on it. After half an hour, we realized nothing had changed and called down again. I know more could have been done by the staff and police, but I don't want to discredit what effort they actually made. However, I was hoping the staff would be more sympathetic to the fear I felt when I woke up to a group of men trying to enter my room...
The hotel itself is great (quality of rooms for the price), but it's really up to chance if you get a loud neighbor or a party down the hall. If you don't want to take the chance, don't stay here. The guests really diminished the quality of my trip. When we checked out, our summary didn't show charges we made to the room. Thinking they were showing good service by comping our meal and movie, I decided the hotel was worth staying at again.
But I was wrong! My credit card was charged when I got home. So... that changed my mind.

Room Tip: Maybe a corner room will lessen your chances of getting an inappropriately loud neighbor. Or don'...
1 Thank Serena2736
San Clemente, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We are local So Cal residents, and chose this hotel as a good location to hit up Newport Beach and Disneyland with the kids. The decor of the hotel is cute. Other than that I don't have many positive comments. The hotel staff/management that was on duty during our stay lacked any sort of responsibility at all, and I literally felt unsafe to the point where we left before it was over. In the middle of the night. With the ONE security guard that was on staff escorting us to the car. Not even knowing where we would go. I will admit that one of the nights we stayed was an anomaly, the hotel had booked an event for a large group of 20-somethings, and there were 4-5 people per hotel room all around us. Screaming and yelling. All night. It was not a good place for the family. It got VERY un-ruly. I heard things that were terrible. Asked the front desk to call the police. They weren't called.

We left in a panic.

One responsible day time manager called us the next day and wanted to hear my story. After I specifically requested it, she did comp us one night of our two night stay. However, until the night time management is properly trained on what to do in situations, ie security guards PER FLOOR are hired when events are happening, and they get some more responsible adults running the asylum that can learn how to keep order, it's not going to be an ok place to stay.

If you are considering this hotel, find out what else is going on there while you will be there!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank cinvil
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

For the priced that we paid for, the hotel was excellent. We were mostly there just to sleep as we spent most of our time in Laguna Beach and Irvine. I love the location. It's close proximity to everythiing was amazing. The room itself was very clean and very contemporary with nice bathroom. Took me awhile to figure out how the shower head works haha . But I loved it as the water pressure is strong. The bed was so comfy I can sleep on it all day everyday :)

As we were checking out, we decided to have breakfast. It was a bummer they dont offer complimentary breakfast, but its ok, we most likely wont have it anyway since we tend to get a proper breakfast. The breakfast at Savoy was amazing. My boyfriend loved it. I wish we had our breakfast here on our first day than having it at the Cottage in Laguna Beach.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay. Would definitely book this place again if we plan a visit in OC.

Falls Church, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Hotel Hanford has the appearance of a larger-scale boutique hotel; however, it is far from it. This former Holiday Inn leaves a lot to the imagination. Upon check-in, we were greeted by rowdy guests in the lobby. We were assured by the front desk crew that this was atypical. I was glad in the end that I requested a room away from any unnecessary noise as the hotel hosted special events both nights of our stay.

The room itself was nice enough. No real view, unless you enjoy looking at a highway. I liked the bathroom. The vanity area was spacious enough for two, and I appreciated the shower head. It was, however, difficult dressing with the wardrobe being located so close to the bed. Plus, the lighting in the room was rather poor. More notably, the A/C in the room was terrible. We were sweating every night. In fact, we overheard another guest complaining about the same issue in her room. So, I am assuming it could be a hotel-wide issue.

But, our biggest complaint was associated with the restaurant. Upon arrival, we stopped into the hotel restaurant for a convenient bit to eat. The service was so slow and far from professional. My husband and I ordered two appetizers to share: the sliders and calamari. The calamari was completely inedible. Unfortunately, we had to return to the restaurant the next two mornings as we had booked the "Over Easy" package which included breakfast with our stay. Our first morning we learned that this package apparently limited us to only the All American breakfast item. I explained to the server that this had not been explained to us -- not on the website or at check-in. When I requested to speak with the manager, the server explained that there was no manager on duty, that it was still "too early". It was nearly 9am. In the end, we were allowed to expand our ordering options, though the process was slow and frustrating.

The final straw came when the check-out. The overall process took more than 20 minutes. We, thankfully, asked for a print out of the room charges, and our fears were realized. The hotel had double-charged us for our breakfasts. We explained the error to the front desk agent, who seemed inconvenienced by the observation. He then disappeared into the back room. When he finally re-appeared, he apologized for the lengthy wait and presented us with the proper total. I have to say, we were very thankful that we were leaving.