Honestly I didn't have a great feeling when I learned that my client booked me into a HIE, my previous stay at a Holiday Inn Express, left little to be desired. Upon arriving at the hotel I was created by one of the nicest front desk clerks in the industry. The clerk was so kind that when I walked in the musty smelling room I was very forgiving, and decided to give the air conditioner a chance, which works fine btw, but it is one of the floor units so it takes a wee bit longer to cool off the room but it works! I am staying in a room with a single king size bed, the room is a decent size, and bathroom like in so many hotels these days is small but the water pressure was excellent and there was plenty of hot water, a must for a tired traveler. The king size bed was perfect, I can honestly say that the comfort of the bed makes one very forgiving. As everyone who travels knows, a comfortable bed can make all the difference in the world. There is no restaurant in the hotel, but you can find a variety of them down the street. For the traveler tired of eating out there is a grocery store down the street, the room has a microwave/refrigerator. The hotel is only 6 minutes from the John Wayne Airport which is a major plus in my books (rumor has it they have a shuttle to the airport). I can't review the free breakfast, since I had to leave the hotel early for the conference, the only item offered was a bowl of small muffins which didn't look overly appealing. I would have loved to have had a gooey cinnamon roll as noted on their site. I doubt I would stay here again it is not a pet friendly hotel. Except for business the only reason I normally travel to the Huntington Beach area would be to visit the local dog beach with my pups.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa! You are at the heart of everything: beautiful beaches, the ultimate shopping experience, fine dining, entertainment and the arts. Getting here is to be fast and convenient too. We are only 2.5 Miles from the John Wayne International Airport, so you'll spend less time in traffic and more time in doing what you came to Costa Mesa to do. And there is easy access to the 405 and 55 Freeways. Whether you are coming to Costa Mesa/Newport Beach Area for business or just for fun your room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa is your personal retreat. You will have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as high-speed Internet access, business center, plush towels and luxurious bedding mean every night is a great night and every day starts right. Have the ultimate shopping experience at the South Coast Plaza, dine at one of the many fine dining restaurants, feel the excitement with the weekend events at the OC Fair and Event Center or enjoy an evening at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. We're here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Costa Mesa a success. We're the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa Hotel Costa Mesa
- Holiday Inn Costa Mesa
- Costa Mesa Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa CA - Orange County