I stay in Costa Mesa often for business as it is close to John Wayne Airport (7 minutes). Also close to Newport Beach for nice dinner options in evening.
I've gone back and forth between Holiday Inn Express and Best Western. Best Western has been consistently better, but always like the IHG points. But again this place fell short of Best Western.
The place was clean and updated. House keeping and grounds keeping are impeccable!!
Main reasons for dissatisfaction were 1) the guy working the desk the evening was just not welcoming. Maybe an off night for him (we all have those), but he is my second impression after walking up the building and seeing beautifully maintained grounds/ outside decor!! Just not as good as last time/ not welcoming feeling. 2) all chairs in the room were uncomfortable. The desk chair looked like the $30 desk chair you see at Walmart- cheap, flimsy, not comfy. The main upholstered chair was a 90 degree backed, uncomfortable chair. Maybe great for sitting on in a dining room or in an entry way while you put your shoes on, but nothing you want to sit in to relax and watch TV. 3) was the AC unit kicks out even though the room is still warm. Called the desk and "that guy" at the front desk said its an energy saving thing. I'm all for environmentally friendly, like turn it off when leaving the room for a few hours, I was uncomfortably warm. Also told the guy at the front desk that my window did not open, screen is busted blocking the window from opening at all.
Last time I stayed here it was good, but I had nicer people and more comfy chair.
I'm on the fence about coming back and trying again, or go back to the Best Western again????
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa! You are at the heart of everything: beautiful beaches, the ultimate shopping experience, fine dining, entertainment and the arts. Getting here is to be fast and convenient too. We are only 2.5 Miles from the John Wayne International Airport, so you'll spend less time in traffic and more time in doing what you came to Costa Mesa to do. And there is easy access to the 405 and 55 Freeways. Whether you are coming to Costa Mesa/Newport Beach Area for business or just for fun your room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa is your personal retreat. You will have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as high-speed Internet access, business center, plush towels and luxurious bedding mean every night is a great night and every day starts right. Have the ultimate shopping experience at the South Coast Plaza, dine at one of the many fine dining restaurants, feel the excitement with the weekend events at the OC Fair and Event Center or enjoy an evening at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. We're here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Costa Mesa a success. We're the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa Hotel Costa Mesa
- Holiday Inn Costa Mesa
- Costa Mesa Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa CA - Orange County