“Nice Hilton property”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
San Diego, California
“Nice Hilton property”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice, well maintained property. Professional and courteous staff.
If you have Executive Lounge access, it is nicely appointed and offers a decent breakfast, light appetizers/snacks from 5-7p and munchies until 9 p.m.
The fitness center is one of the better hotel ones I've been to in the area, good size and numerous aerobic machines to use.
Rooms are fine - nothing spectacular, the balconies are a nice touch and the ability to open the sliding glass door and let fresh air in is great.
I would definitely stay here again and it would probably be my 1st choice among the other Hilton brands in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear rafa d:

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. On behalf of our staff, it was a pleasure being your host and we sincerely look forward to your return.

Whether for business or a quick get-a-way, the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa is a great choice for the discerning traveler with close proximity to all Southern California offers in terms of corporate headquarters, shopping, fun in the sun at one of the area's many beautiful beaches, and entertainment venues galore!

Once again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa.

Rob A. Gauthier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Wrentham, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very nice Hilton for business, classy well kept hotel like so many Hiltons used to be. On a main street but very quite, close to business area and mall. Service car was excellent we used it several times for local travel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear PHG2008:

Thank you for your great comments about the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. On behalf of the staff, it was our pleasure to be your host.

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here with my family for a few days (would have extended longer if the customer service wasn't so poor) and had nothing but bad service as soon as we pulled up.

We had waited over 20 minutes just for a luggage cart which I understand they were in use, but once one became available, instead of giving it to us after waiting for so long, it was given to a person that had just pulled up and didn't have to wait any but 5 minutes. When I checked in, the front desk agent was an extremely rude gentleman with a poor attitutde. The room itself was very clean, but when we asked for a cot/rollaway bed, the front desk refused to send one up forcing one of my family members to sleep on the floor, which is unacceptable. Then the tv would not work, it kept freezing every other minute, the first time after I called it "magically" stopped so I canceled the call for an engineers assistance. No less then 30 minutes later it began again so I called guest services. I stayed on the phone for exactly 10 minutes while it continued to ring and no one would answer. I finally called the front desk where I was transferred back over to guest services and requested that an engineer come up. The engineers were very kind and took at a look at the tv and said he had fixed it. No less than five minutes after him leaving, the tv began to mess up again so I called back guest services and asked if they could send them back up since the problem had not been fixed, then ended up having to replace my tv all together. The next day when housekeeping came to the door I let them know that I did not need any service just a few new sets of towels and a new roll of personal tissue, the house keeper only gave me two sets of towels and absolutely refused to give me the amount I needed for each person in the room (3 adults, 2 small children) and would also refuse to give me the extra roll of tissue, she said I would have to call guest services in order to get the rest of the towels and the tissue, even though she was at my door with her cart fully stocked and ready to replace all of that in my room to begin with if I would have had my room fully serviced. I thought that was just ridiculous, especially because it took at least another 30 minutes to receive those items after having to call guest services. The $21 parking fee for self parking is very unnecessary as well but I understand that you are not the only hotel that charges such high fees for that. We ended up not staying for the amount of time we had planned to because of the poor service and went to a different property instead. I will definitely not be returning to this property for any future stays.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bdz3
Dear Bdz3:

I am extremely apologetic that our service did not meet your expectation during your recent stay. I am investigating your concerns and invite you to contact me directly at the hotel (call 1-714-540-7000 and request the General Manager, Rob Gauthier) so we can discuss your comments.

The staff of the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa have been recognized for their commitment to not only meet the expectations of our guests, but consistently exceeding those expectations. When there is a failure to do so, it is very disappointing. Thank you for letting us know and once again, my apologies for your experience.

Rob Gauthier
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights. The rooms are basic and clean. We had breakfast and for all the days we were staying as part of a package. Breakfast was basic with not so much variety. But if you get sick of it, you can walk to McDonald's next door. Hotel is about 15to 20 minutes walk to South Coast Plaza, a very huge mall with lots of shops and restaurants. The staffs are all very friendly and helpful. Their service and attitude is much better than other hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear cckkash:

On behalf of our wonderful staff here at the Hilton Costa Mesa Orange County thank you for noticing our hard work and commitment to guest service, as well as our convenient location, close to everything the area offers.

Whether enjoying the concierge level with a well rounded breakfast (and evening cocktails and hot and cold snacks) or the Bristol Palms restaurant with an expansive breakfast buffet plus menu, as well as 24 hour room service and a Starbucks right in the lobby, we offer something for everyone to start their day.

Whether for business or for leisure, the Hilton Costa Mesa Orange County is quickly becoming the #1 choice for Southern California visitors!

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2013

In the are on business this hotel was conveniently located right next to the OC airport. Airport noise was not an issue however. The hotel staff was courteous and friendly too. We ate at the hotel the first night and I thought the food was very good and the bar was a great place to watch a game after dinner meetings.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Joe S.:

Thank you for your comments. On behalf of the staff, we sincerely appreciate the opportunity to be your host. We were happy to hear you enjoyed the Bristol Palms restaurant. With all the new and delicious California fresh entrees and offerings, we are enjoying lots of enthusiastic feedback from our guests.

Our great location, near everything the area offers including shopping, the major business centers of Orange County, the airport, and the most beautiful beaches in Southern California, the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa is truly the best choice!

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Not exceptional. Does not make me want to go again to a Hilton Hotel. Food was average at best. The sheets were very clean but not very soft. The noise of the joining room sliding closet door was a bit annoying. For a smoke free hotel I found that I could not open the sliding door on the 4th floor without being accosted by a heavy dose of cigarette smoke. The staff were very nice and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Trip Advisor Member:

On behalf of the staff, we are sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay. As a consistent choices for hotel accommodations as rated by Southern California visitors over and over again, we strive to exceed expectation. We are disappointed we failed during your stay, but hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Thank you.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a good stay in Costa Mesa but the thing that stood out to me was the great service by staff. Ben at the front desk went above and beyond to meet my complicated needs with a hotel room and, in doing so, exceeded my expectations for service. Very grateful for how kind he was and how helpful. Maricela at the Starbucks counter in the lobby was energetic and engaging to all customers... she even remembered the orders of people staying in the hotel for a few days!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Mrs. C.:

Thank you so very much for your positive comments about our hardworking staff. We strive to go above and beyond and are pleased you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay.

The Hilton Costa Mesa Orange County offers close proximity to everything Southern California offers including South Coast Plaza's impressive shopping, a wide range of nearby entertainment venues including golf and tennis, John Wayne Orange County Airport, the major business complexes in Costa Mesa, Irvine, Santa Ana, and Newport Beach, as well as some of the most beautiful beaches in the state!

Once again thank you choosing the Hilton Costa Mesa Orange County.