“Very nice stay”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were here for a family reunion, and were pleased with our stay. The rooms were spacious, and the balcony view overlooking was very nice. The carpets were a bit dark, but everything else was comfortable and clean. The check in and check out was fast and easy. The executive lounge and breakfast had a nice space for coming and going guests and a good selection of food to choose from. I did not leave hungry. I would stay at a Hilton again based on this trip, and am planning to look at the Hilton for our next family reunion in a different location.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member:

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. On behalf of the staff, your comments about our oversized, well appointed guest accommodations and the new Executive Concierge Lounge are very appreciated. We are continually striving to make significant changes to move the hotel services to the next level. We're so happy you noticed.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to your return in the future.

Rob A. Gauthier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Santa Clarita, California, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My Golden Valley Choir group and I stayed at this hotel during our comp in Anaheim in March and I must say it was pretty fancy hotel considering the scenery inside. After a day of singing, we were pretty much exhausted and wanted to go to bed which we did. My roommates and I stayed on the 5th floor and the room was really nice, view of the airport and pool, beds were comfortable and it felt like we were living the good life. One thing that was weird was that when we came back from Disneyland around 11:00 P.M our door refused to open...some of the other students also couldn't get in there rooms as well...still to this day we don't know what was the deal was. Other wise it was a really great trip! Thanks for letting us stay here!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 5th floor or higher, it's worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Taylor B:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. it was our pleasure to host your group during your recent stay in Southern California. Our staff is working hard to provide the level of service that guests find memorable.

I apologize for the issue with your keys and am investigating. Our hotel key system offers our guests security and can be compromised by lost keys requiring "re-keying" for security. Check-out dates can also affect key resets. Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience.

We look forward to your return in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

During our stay at the Hilton, they also were hosting the national American Miss pageant and the hotel was simply not prepared. It took over an hour to check in, the hallways were full of trash, and it took nearly 20 minutes to get up to the room due to the elevators being so crowded. Their customer service was poor. They definitely did not have enough staff to handle that amount of guests. I am sure this would be an ok property if they were not so busy, but I would check to make sure they aren't hosting any events first before you book. I will not be returning here.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Stephanie Cochran 33:

Thank you for taking time to submit your review of the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. On behalf of the staff and myself, we apologize for your atypical experience here at the hotel during a period where we found ourselves hosting not just one, but several summer events that were highly popular in their attendance. In spite of our efforts to rise above the unusual demands placed on the hotel as a whole, we admit at times we were unable to insure that high level of service in each area we are well known for. The Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa is accurately known for its success in hosting highly professional events and for exceeding the expectation of our guests; when we fail, it is very disappointing to each of us.

Once again, my sincere apologies.

Bonita, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The baseboard had peeled away in the room The Buffet was terrible and seemed to have been made very far in advance and it ran out early in the evening. We were double billed for some of our dinner guests The fire alarm went off and the staff seemed to have no training as to what to do.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Michael T:

I apologize that your experience here at the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa did not meet expectation. There is no excuse for providing a poor experience to our guests; please be assured corrections have been made. The staff here at the Hilton are committed to be being the number one choice for Southern California travelers. When there is failure, we all have fallen short, so we all work harder to elevate the level of guest care.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and I am truly sorry.

Decatur, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My over all stay was great until my 7 year old daughter and I ate in the restaurant and I found a maggot inching across my fruit. It made me sick to my stomach and I still don't like thinking about it. I think the Costa Mesa Hilton needs to focus on cleanliness in the kitchen.

Dear Deborah C:

On behalf of the staff and myself, I apologize for the unwelcome experience at your table. Unfortunately, in preparation of the meal, a worm got past our typically alert kitchen staff and that is unacceptable. The extremely high ratings the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa receives in terms of cleanliness, expert food preparation and storage, etc. by all concerning agencies failed us in this isolated instance and we are mortified. I assure you immediate corrections were made to prevent a future occurrence.

Once again, my apologies.

Queen Creek, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a great time in a very nice, clean hotel with everything we need ~ gym, pool, spa, restaurant, and gift shop!! The staff was wonderful!! The hotel is located in a great area with shopping and plenty of places to eat!! We had a great stay and would go back again...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Tana S:

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. Each of us here at the Hilton endeavor to provide our guests with a truly pleasing, comfortable experience and have made some significant upgrades throughout the hotel to ensure that. Along with our ideal location, with proximity to everything in the area- fantastic shopping, a wide range of entertainment, the major business centers in Costa Mesa, Newport, Irvine, And Santa Ana, we're also down the street to some of the most beautiful beaches in Southern California. Whether for business or leisure, the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa is a perfect choice.

San Diego, California
Reviewed July 18, 2013

When to the counter to check in and they said they were overbooked by fourteen rooms but they picked up the tab and moved me to the Marriott....when arriving at the Marriott off Von Karmon...they upgraded my room and gave a few extra things sent to the room....the hotel was nice...a bit older

Room Tip: careful they maybe overbooked
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Kidkeno:

On behalf of the staff and myself, we apologize once again for the inconvenience you experienced, created by the under-departure of guests during your recent visit to Costa Mesa. Though this situation if highly isolated, when unforeseen circumstances create these unfortunate situations, it is our commitment to ensure your comfort at a nearby hotel that is similar in level of service. Your understanding and patience is very appreciated and we look forward to a future opportunity to be your host here at the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Mesa
The Westin South Coast Plaza
The Westin South Coast Plaza
#6 of 23 in Costa Mesa
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport

Been to Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa? Share your experiences!