What can I say about the Hilton in Costa Mesa? This hotel definitely lives up to the Hilton standard that I seem to have missed at the past few Hilton's I've stayed at.
First of all I loved that the parking structure was attached to the hotel and although it always seemed pack I was always able to find a spot by the door. The design of the lobby was spectacular, I love how open and nice everything looks, and the classic cars around were nice to look at. The service I received at check in was just amazing. I had came in two hours before check in because I got to town early and was hoping they would have a room available for me, although I was not expecting much or even the king room like I had requested because I had booked on hot-wire, the front desk staff was great at making me feel welcome and offering advice of nice things to do around the area. They were able to put me in a king room like I had requested and were even able to get me checked in two hours early, because of how early I was they put me in a room on a high floor like I had asked and told me it was a nice quiet room for relaxation. Just top notch customer service and I would definitely come back just for the service I received, really wish I could remember the names of the two people that helped me out.
Now I had expected before entering the room that it would probably be a little small seeing as most hotels tend to give the smaller or less wanted rooms to those that book on discount sites such as priceline or hotwire, however I was extremely surprised that the room was rather large and spotless. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it in the morning and the view was pretty decent for it being a short seven story hotel, the balcony outside was a nice plus as well.
Overall I would definitely come back to this hotel, it was very clean and well maintained and the customer service is just top notch. I did dine at the restaurant on a Friday night and it was fairly empty, after tasting the flatbread that was brought out to me and the soup my girlfriend had I know why it was empty. The food was very plain and tasteless, but there are a lot of options around the area within walking distance to fill that void.
Just as another bonus to the hotels customer service we had called because some of the channels on our tv weren't working properly and they had told us it was being fixed and would be back to normal within five minutes, which it was, and they still sent up a handyman to see if we were having any other problems. I can't wait to come back and visit this hotel... Parking was about average at $21 per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa Hotel is located in the heart of the OC within walking distance to internationally acclaimed South Coast Plaza Shopping Center near beaches, arts, and other popular attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa Hotel Costa Mesa
- Hilton Hotel Costa Mesa
- Hilton Costa Mesa
- Costa Mesa Hilton
- Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa CA