“Great property and great customer service!”

Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Reviewed May 28, 2012

What can I say about the Hilton in Costa Mesa? This hotel definitely lives up to the Hilton standard that I seem to have missed at the past few Hilton's I've stayed at.

First of all I loved that the parking structure was attached to the hotel and although it always seemed pack I was always able to find a spot by the door. The design of the lobby was spectacular, I love how open and nice everything looks, and the classic cars around were nice to look at. The service I received at check in was just amazing. I had came in two hours before check in because I got to town early and was hoping they would have a room available for me, although I was not expecting much or even the king room like I had requested because I had booked on hot-wire, the front desk staff was great at making me feel welcome and offering advice of nice things to do around the area. They were able to put me in a king room like I had requested and were even able to get me checked in two hours early, because of how early I was they put me in a room on a high floor like I had asked and told me it was a nice quiet room for relaxation. Just top notch customer service and I would definitely come back just for the service I received, really wish I could remember the names of the two people that helped me out.

Now I had expected before entering the room that it would probably be a little small seeing as most hotels tend to give the smaller or less wanted rooms to those that book on discount sites such as priceline or hotwire, however I was extremely surprised that the room was rather large and spotless. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it in the morning and the view was pretty decent for it being a short seven story hotel, the balcony outside was a nice plus as well.

Overall I would definitely come back to this hotel, it was very clean and well maintained and the customer service is just top notch. I did dine at the restaurant on a Friday night and it was fairly empty, after tasting the flatbread that was brought out to me and the soup my girlfriend had I know why it was empty. The food was very plain and tasteless, but there are a lot of options around the area within walking distance to fill that void.

Just as another bonus to the hotels customer service we had called because some of the channels on our tv weren't working properly and they had told us it was being fixed and would be back to normal within five minutes, which it was, and they still sent up a handyman to see if we were having any other problems. I can't wait to come back and visit this hotel... Parking was about average at $21 per night.

Room Tip: From what I was told rooms towards the end of the wings are the quietest of rooms, and as always I w...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

995 - 1,001 of 1,210 reviews

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The hotel is beautiful and is in a beautiful location. They have great conference facilities and are near a South Coast Mall that has a shuttle. The room was exceptionally large and clean as was the pool area and lobby. My two big issues is that the inside rooms (the ones facing into the lobby) do not have windows and no matter how much you crank up the air conditioning, the room was muggy and hot (and it was only in the 60's while I was there) It was impossible to dry my hair or even cover up with blankets at night. The other issue I have is that although the area is nice and would be easy to get around - and even close to the airport - it feels like it takes 30 minutes (& $30 cab ride) to get to any attractions (Newport Beach, Disney Parks, etc)

Room Tip: Get an outside facing room with window or balcony.
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed here twice in last year for business, but could easily see staying here with family. Hotel is comfortable, clean, well situated off the 405, flush with all the amenities needed. Near JWA and lots of shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Stay close to the elevators. The farthest room from the elevators is 60+ yards!
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Spent a short weekend here recently and was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, the room service food and staff was very good (smoked Salmon and great fruit plates).
The Hotel was very close to great restaurants, right accross the street from South Coast Plaza and great shopping.
I appreciated the nice quiet areas on each floor with seating to chat or make calls.
Would go back easily.

Room Tip: I like high floors away from back of hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Have stayed here several times for a conferences. The hotel is an older hotel but this is a plus, the rooms are large, hallways wide, lobby and ground floor common areas have high atriums which bring in plenty of light. Hotel is a about 200 yards south of the 405 with the South Coast Plaza the same distance north of the 405. 10 minutes north of Newport Beach. Great area for walking. Food and bar great, staff friendly, room clean, large parking garage with inside access. Can't fault it.

Room Tip: North facing room probably offer the best view
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Everything was the way it should be at the Hilton Brand, they even honored our request for 2 beds after booking on Priceline...the Shuttle was on time... everything went without a hitch

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My wife, son (7 yrs old) & I stayed here over the weekend of the OC Marathon where my son participated in the kids’ 1 mile fun run, he and my wife ran the 5k, & I conquered the marathon. The Hilton was a co “host hotel” for the event.
The Pros……
- The hotel was clean & inviting with a large multi story cathedral ceiling lobby, huge multi-story windows & glass elevators that transport guests to their rooms
- Check inn was friendly, efficient & personable, Trevor was the staff member who assisted us and he advised us of great places to eat, provided us with a map of the area & politely fielded the numerous questions presented to him by my wife regarding shuttle service for the race, carbo load dinner, etc… Trevor remembered us after the race (as we were walking across the lobby) inquiring as to how our race went & providing positive feedback
- The rooms are clean, well furnished, and much larger than a typical standard room, great view with a small deck & sliding glass door that allows fresh air in the room (5th floor).
- The bed spread are pristine white (a good sign)
- I had read that the beds were not comfortable but my family found the beds very comfy & the pillows extremely soft /“Heavenly”
- It’s obvious that the owner/staff take pride in this facility I didn’t notice the “wear & tear” as noted in other reviews, the only sign I saw was in the restroom of the lobby where the chrome rings over the plumbing of the urinals were pitted & rusted.
- The pool & spa facilities on the 2nd floor was warm, clean, & well maintained
- This hotel went above & beyond in my opinion in the fact that they allowed us a late check out at 3pm after the race at no additional charge, allowing us time to shower, pack, & rest before our trip home

The Cons……
- The hotel did not offer any complimentary continental breakfast (seems a continental breakfast is pretty standard at most facilities now days)
- It’s always annoying to pay for parking ($21 for self, 28 for valet per night) but it seems to be common place anymore, we fortunately got a break at $10/night for self parking due to booking for the marathon
- It was annoying that the hotel only offered complimentary shuttle service to the event for 2 persons & we were charged an additional $15 dollars for our 3rd rider on the shuttle to travel 1.9 miles, 5 minutes away, they should have provided shuttle service to all athletes (this was supposed to be a host hotel)
- The in-house restaurant was delicious but a little pricey for the portion sizes
- The coffee pot required the use of the room/ceramic coffee cups (which I’m always skeptical of how clean they are or how the cups are cleaned) but there was no signs that would indicate a need for concern
- They did not replenish the coffee or sugar for our second night & we had to call for replenishment
- The Ice machine on our floor (5th floor) was broken and I was a little disappointed that when I told the front desk of this their reply was to “go to either the floor above or below us to get ice”, I would have expected them to bring ice to our room since the machine on our floor was broke.
- I would ultimately recommend & stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family