“Price Increase Alert”

Kura Sushi
Ranked #237 of 532 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've been eating at Kura Sushi 3-4 times a month for the last 5 years. I went their tonight and discovered they raised the price of their plates. The increase is out of line and outrageous. The person who took my drink order tried to tell me that the price increase was justified due to the increase in the number of pieces on the plates, the plates that had 3 pieces now have 4 pieces of cut roll. Most plates remained the same despite the 50%-100% price increase. Clearly they are being told to tell the customer this by the owner. It is not justified as a customer in any sense. Where I would have have had at least 8 plates in the past, I stopped at 6 plates tonight and they actually lost money on the total amount I normally spend.

I can not justify returning to Kura Sushi and paying these increases. I would imagine they are going to lose a lot of regular customers, they have lost my business.

1  Thank Robert G

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Always a scream to go here...and we do a few times per year... the carousel is interesting, prices great,,, we usually have to special order something that's not on the tram... but never an issue or problem... don't think we've ever not enjoy a meal here.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great deal, with the $2.00 conveyor belt, food very fresh, good service, big TV's showing ESPN.

The place was busy around 9:00 PM on a Saturday night and I'm glad I did.

Everything is made up fresh, so you can dig in immediately, but fresher than a buffet, all dishes are well-covered.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I eat here almost everyday they have a revolving sushi bar everything on the carousel is $2.00...i leave happy and full for $10 to $15 bucks!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

No rush sushi, pick an item from the belt and enjoy, also other items for special orders available. reasonable priced. MeuterMedia