“Good for you gourmet food--that you will enjoy!”
Review of Avanti Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Newport Beach, California
“Good for you gourmet food--that you will enjoy!”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My 8 year old and I go here and sit outside. It is in a shopping center without a view, but we like to people watch and tempt them with our vegetarian delights. Let me just say that we are not vegetarians. But the cheese plate, appetizers and pizzas are so good here, who misses meat? Everything is homemade and locally grown (sometimes in the owner's garden). They make their own cheeses and breads. I even get the cheese plate to go all the time.
Another thing we love is the sharing and building of the meal. You add cheese to your bread and maybe some sweet nuts? Or sweet onion chutney? Or their specially made spices from the spice treasure chest? It is fun for both of us.
I would highly recommend this eatery, whether you are vegetarian, vegan, or carnivore.

Irvine, California
“Food could be good but the manager has no idea about repeat customer service.”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We were looking forward to the food at Avanti, after having seen the menu. We had a Groupon that we wanted to use but the time when we went, it was being remodeled. We called today and the manager said that they only were honoring the Groupon until LAST wednesday. Well how were we suppose to know that? She would do nothing to help except to suggest that we take it up with Groupon. Not even face value! Business must be good.

• Visited March 2011
Newport Beach, California
“Something Different”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I have been meaning to try this place and finally made it in. I will say up front that I am not versed in vegan / vegetarian fare, but enjoyed myself none-the-less. I loved the garlic spread appetizer! I ordered the olives d'amour, which I also greatly enjoyed. I also ordered the shiitake artichoke pesto pizza with yams on it. I was not real crazy about the combination, but it is a matter of taste. It was well prepared and filling. When I return, I will simply pick a different pizza.

• Visited April 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“mashed garnet yams on the pizza! delicious, original, and inventive.”
Reviewed May 5, 2008

mashed garnet yams on the pizza! delicious, original, and inventive.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Rancho Mirage, California
“One of our favorite vegitarian and vegan restaurants”
Reviewed May 9, 2007

This is a rather small vegitarian restaurant located on 17th street in Costa Mesa California. One of the co-owners is Mark who has written a book on healthy vegitarian eating.

The restaurant makes its' own cakes, pies and pastries plus a large variety of imaginative appetizers and entres. Additionally they serve several herbal teas that we have never sampled prior to this.

Mark when he can be pried away from his kitchen is a most pleasant person with whom to hold a conversation.

We have tea, coffee and pastries there every Sunday and have brunch or dinner there on special holidays. We love the restaurant.

1 Thank Capt_Tom