“Nice spot for a meal or cocktail and appetizer”

Habana Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Habana Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 522 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Tucked away in an unusual shopping area is a nice little spot with good ambiance and great service. We stopped in one night and they were really busy so we just had wonderful homemade empinadas and a beer. The next day we went back for brunch and were not disappointed. The menu had a lot to offer and the food was nicely presented.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

They have the BEST empanadas I have ever had! I am a vegetarian so my entree selection was limited; I think they only have 2 things but both of them are very good!

My favorite is their empanadas and their tamale pie.

The ambiance is very nice and romantic. It can get a little loud inside so I prefer to sit out in the patio which is more romantic anyway.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Tucked away in the lab anti mall, this costa mesa restaurant is a treat. Upon arriving, we put our name in for a party of 4 and where told it would be a 30 minute wait. Which turned into an hour. I felt the male host was a bit snobby. We went to the bar and enjoyed great Sangrias and service. The food is delicious, but also a bit in the pricey side. The appetizer portion for the avocado fries where small. The dinner portions however are standard and delicious. Each meal that was ordered was quickly devoured. The atmosphere is romantic meets chic, however if you sit indoors it's very loud. I felt I had to scream to talk to my friends that literally where next to me. They also offered outdoor seating, however after waiting an hour we took first come first serve. Also wanted to point out the restrooms are located outside.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Pork croquetas, Ensalada Catalan, and ropa vieja; need I say more? Look forward to returning and trying other things on the menu when I am back in town!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

yes this is always a great spot over the years. the food is consistently great, and so are the drinks and the sangria.