“Yummy Food!!”

Habana Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Habana Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 510 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, CA
“Yummy Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

They have the BEST empanadas I have ever had! I am a vegetarian so my entree selection was limited; I think they only have 2 things but both of them are very good!

My favorite is their empanadas and their tamale pie.

The ambiance is very nice and romantic. It can get a little loud inside so I prefer to sit out in the patio which is more romantic anyway.

• Visited July 2012

Costa Mesa, California
“Amazing food, trendy setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Tucked away in the lab anti mall, this costa mesa restaurant is a treat. Upon arriving, we put our name in for a party of 4 and where told it would be a 30 minute wait. Which turned into an hour. I felt the male host was a bit snobby. We went to the bar and enjoyed great Sangrias and service. The food is delicious, but also a bit in the pricey side. The appetizer portion for the avocado fries where small. The dinner portions however are standard and delicious. Each meal that was ordered was quickly devoured. The atmosphere is romantic meets chic, however if you sit indoors it's very loud. I felt I had to scream to talk to my friends that literally where next to me. They also offered outdoor seating, however after waiting an hour we took first come first serve. Also wanted to point out the restrooms are located outside.

“Good cuban food, fun atmosphere, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Pork croquetas, Ensalada Catalan, and ropa vieja; need I say more? Look forward to returning and trying other things on the menu when I am back in town!

Visited August 2012
Newport Beach, California
“Love the Habana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

yes this is always a great spot over the years. the food is consistently great, and so are the drinks and the sangria.

Visited July 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Everything good about Habana”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Habana is a real discovery. Great, unique food. The plantain crusted chicken was terrific. I never knew squash and zucchini could be so good. An excellent selection of appetizers (you'll love the habanero sauce with the veggie empanadas) and main courses. Beef, chicken, pork, fish and two excellent and unusual vegetarian selections. A surprisingly good wine selection as well. Prices are moderate for the Newport Beach area - high for most communities. The setting is great. Secluded outdoor, garden seating or a very comfortable indoor area. We found the service good and the server/kitchen amenable to substitutions. The restaurant seems to attract the typical upscale NB crowd, but seems to me to be good for families as well.

• Visited July 2012