“Good Tex-Mex Food”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Anton Blvd.
Transit: Located at South Coast Plaza, on the North side of Bristol Street, just east of the 405 freeway.
Description: Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Z offers tasty Tex-Mex food with reasonable prices. That may not be saying much, but since most Tex-Mex cuisine is crappy, it's nice to find somewhere where the food is good. Your meal will start with complementary corn bread which is delicious. Next, the best dinner values are on the happy hour menu - all being half price. You would do best by sharing the happy hour entrees among your party and enjoy many different tastes. Also, come early for better seating; otherwise, the wait can test your hunger. For seating, the patio is very pleasant. While the patio is heated, a light jacket may come in handy outside. From the regular menu, the portions are well-sized, most often suitable for sharing. See you there!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This review makes me think of Cammy, Kelly, Heather, Tiffany, Erica, Big Red and all the rest. As I've mentioned before in other reviews that I lived several years in Las Vegas right after my time in the Navy. When I was there every girl I took out on a first date I would take to the Ztejas that is no longer there. Back in July when I looked up Ztejas when I was going to Vegas and learned that the place that was the start of so many great memories for me was gone it was a sad day. I did learn at that time of this one in Costa Mesa and I vowed to try it out if I ever got anywhere near it and it finally came to fruition. Everything was just as I remembered it. I started with the tostada bites OMG! These were really full of good flavor. Then I went with the steak burrito which was also very good. As far as the drinks go they still had the classic Chambord margarita that was great. I also had another fruity margie that was quite good. The waiter Greg was great at going thru the menu and the manager even came over and talked with me. The ambiance is different from alot of places and it makes you want to hang out with its comfort feeling level. Afterwards I went into the bar for 1 more drink. The whole time I kept thinking about all the dates I would take to the one in Vegas. Like they say you can't go home but you sure can relive old times and I did that today. Great food, Great staff and Great atmosphere right in the south coast plaza mall come check them out.

ZTejasRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you for your review. It's always nice to know somethings don't c hange.

Have a great day,

Deborah

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Incredible menu, varied, including vegetarian and gluten-free. Great outdoor patio - too loud inside. A group of 10 of us had to wait 30 mins for a table, but worth it!

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I have to stay in costa Mesa regularly for work and I have tried lots of places but as a salad lover, this place has been my savior thanks to The 'zachiote chicken chopped salad' which is amazing. It's a whole chicken breast, lettuce, tomato avocado, roast corn, cheese, black beans, roasted pepitas and more. It amazing , huge and you also get a big fresh corn bread complimentary. The drinks are reasonably priced too. I often get it to go but sometimes I've eaten in and the atmosphere has been buzzing, the service is lovely and it's not intimidating if you are eating alone.

1  Thank Sechysgirl
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The margaritas were strong but good and you could actually order a sampler of the margaritas. Everything was really good. There was a lot of pork on the menu but we were able to substitute chicken for no charge.

Nice patio. They do give you complimentary cornbread in a cast iron skillet with honey butter which everybody at my table liked but I found it to be bland.

Pricing was reasonable. $10 plate of nachos. Margaritas $7-$10