“This place is for the kids and the...”
Review of Rainforest Cafe - CLOSED

Rainforest Cafe
Cuisines: American
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“This place is for the kids and the...”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This place is for the kids and the animals, fish, waterfalls, and general atmosphere are fantastic for that. The service isn't too bad either. However the fiid is complete rubbish. I have not had a meal thus bad in 20 years and that includes some very intrepid restaurants.

Everything was fried in very nasty tasting oil well beyond Te ability to have any flavor. The cheap and nasty ingredients ensured nothing had any flavour, and everything was soaked in low grade cheese. The "chef" at this restaurant is a disgrace. When you cant even make nachos, consider you career options.

My suggestion - take the kids to see the animated animals and order a coke.

Orange County, CA
“Waste of Time & Money”
Reviewed January 28, 2010

To start off, it takes me a lot to for me to write a negative review for a restaurant... here I go.

Last time I visited this place was 4 years ago and it has gotten worse. Service was horrible, food was edible at best, establishment is showing signs of wear.... time to update guys. My wife & I basically went there for our 5 year daughter, my 5 year old thought it sucked as well.

My wife ordered a side salad with here meal, the main course showed up before her dinner salad did. On top of that, all of our meals were cold and we returned them for warmer food.... so for a nasty meal that cost us $40.00 and complained several times this place left all of us with a bad taste in our mouth.

Seriously, how hard is it to make a decent burger w/fries for $12.00? My daughters pizza was horrible to say the least, and $3.00 for for what tasted like instant ice tea still makes me mad. I'll be surprised if this place stays in business, they can't depend on repeat business.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Entrees aren't appealing...”
Reviewed January 6, 2008

Entrees aren't appealing but the volcano cake is good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Mexicali, Mexico
“The Worst Service\Food in the World”
Reviewed October 20, 2006

this is not a restaurant, this is a place where the "food" is part of a concept, the food tastes like the bad plastic animals are the imitation of the real thing, and the service, what service, it doesn´t exist, only rude and inexperience very dope waiters, willing to take any tip for nothing.

Do yourself a favor, don´t go at this --.

1 Thank AzzulMarino
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worse than a real zoo”
Reviewed June 18, 2006

If you need animals, head for the zoo. If you need food, head for a restaurant. You will find little satisfaction at the Rainforest Cafe. This place made us stand on a line for a table while 20 tables were vacant, sat us at a table with the least view possible, served us salad with dressing even though we asked for it without it, and the waiter repeatedly kept asking what the children wanted. Hence, they didn't finish their lunch because he yanked their plates away when he got the okay from the kids, then they got desserts because they asked for them (and i had to pay for them) and they would have been drinking soda had the waiter had it his way. BUt I did finally intervene to ask for milk. All the while, the noise in this place is so horrible, I just kept hoping it would be over soon. My kids are 6 and 9 and they were hardly amused by a bunch of fake animals making noises, which come on top of all the other noises. STAY AWAY.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member