“Updated decor and menu won me over”
Review of Scott's - CLOSED

Scott's
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anton
Huntington Beach, California
“Updated decor and menu won me over”
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I admit to having tired of the old Scott's -- The food and the decor were ho-hum.
No longer. They have dropped "Seafood" from the name and it is just Scott's. The more modern and comfortable decor is pleasing and the ambiance pleasant enough to make you want to linger. The new menu is much more creative and adventurous than the old, including seafood but also meat, fowl and vegetarian dishes. The service is dependably good. Scott's is certainly worthy of a higher TA rating.

las vegas, nv
“Pricey”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My husband and I stopped at Scott's for a quick lunch of clam chowder and an order of crab cakes. Both were very good, but a bit pricey. I don't have an itemized receipt, and don't remember how much the food was, because we also had a bottle of wine. With the wine and the tip, the bill was $96.83.

San Diego, CA
“All Four Fish Dishes Were Excellent!”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My wife and I have eaten at Scott's numerous times over the last ten years, and have always enjoyed it. Now that we live in San Diego it is a convenient half-way point to meet friends from LA. On our last visit this Sept the four of us had the fish&chips, Petrale Sole, Pacific Seabass and Chilean Seabass - all fresh and excellent (the Chilean was the most bland of the four, so maybe pick one of the other three). The decor is lovely, valet parking is a value extra. We have never eaten at the bar, so maybe everyone should avoid the bar and the awful bartender mentioned in several of the previous reviews.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Decent Food, Good Drinks, Versatile Menu, Bad Attitude!”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I visited this restaurant with a girlfriend last Friday night around 9 pm. It wasn't busy and we were excited about sitting at the bar for happy hour - there were plenty of open seats. The bartender's demeanor was off-putting from the start - plus he didn't even know happy hour was going on, which was annoying. He maintained a negative attitude the entire time. It was like he didn't care enough to even pretend to be friendly - it was clear he didn't like us and didn't like his job.

We ordered drinks - they have lots of fun drinks on the menu. We ordered food (a flatbread, some veggies, and sushi), it came out in a reasonable time, and we sat there eating it. The bartender didn't come back to check on us but DID have time to complain at length to another patron about the restaurant and the types of people who frequent it (young single people dressed up, drinking, etc.). Unfortunately, WE are young single people and were dressed to go out. So that really irritated me.

Overall, the food was good (for happy hour prices..) but the atmosphere/situation was just too negative.

Irvine, California
“Good food, bad experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I visited this restaurant for the first time, on a Friday night. I had a friend in town visiting, and we wanted to go somewhere fun and lively, with good food and drinks. The food and drinks were tasty- don't get me wrong. But we sat up at the bar, and when we asked about the Happy Hour (we had heard about from other people), he said they didn't have it on the weekends. However, when we further looked at the bar menu, it was right there in writing! Then we asked him again and he gave us major attitude. It was like he didn't want us ordering from the discounted menu! Then we overheard him talking with another customer about how they were changing the place into a club and it was horrible, etc etc. He was being so negative! It really ruined my whole experience. He was rude and talking down about his own place of employment, to impress another patron. My suggestion would be not to sit at the bar, but then again, if you sit in the dining room areas, it isn't as fun...for someone in their 20's/30's, I wouldn't even bother going, unless solely for good food.