“Very good brunch”

Plums Cafe
Ranked #9 of 511 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Plums Café and Catering has been a local favorite for over twenty years. Tucked away in a corner of Costa Mesa, Plums friendly staff, unique menu, Northwest-influenced cuisine & down-to-earth ambiance keep patrons coming back again and again.
“Very good brunch”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I went here for for an unplanned spur of the moment brunch. We really liked the food and the menu choices. You can tell the chef and management are trying to be a step above with using good ingredients and offering sensibly healthy food. We ate in the outside area which is covered from direct sunlight. The staff was very attentive. Parking is ample. We frequent this area and we will be back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Hellsumz

Trabuco Canyon, California
“Best gourmet pancakes for a late morning”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love to come here during the week when it isn't quite so busy and have the pancakes. Unfortunately, I am a very early person and they don't open until 9 so I have to linger. Bit pricey but if you don't do it often, it is a treat.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Anonymous855
Boise, Idaho
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were staying nearby which is why we found this place, with a little help from Yelp. We arrived early (8:45ish) which was good because they filled up fast after we arrived. We had great service. The menu is interesting and I would like to go back and sample more of the choices. I had the shirred eggs which were good but not great. My mother had the Dungeness Crab omelet which was excellent. They serve good coffee and the ambiance is nice. We sat inside but there is a nice patio. The location is just a strip mall but don't let that stop you.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ELAINE K
“We tried Plums Cafe because of the great reviews”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We tried Plums Cafe because of the great reviews and recommendations from friends. On the positive side, the coffee was very good and so were the pancakes. It was very crowded so many people think the food is good. For the crowds that were there, the service was quite good.

On the negative side, the eggs were mediocre and the potatoes were awful. They tasted like dirt to me and my husband felt they used a heavy hand on the sage. All in all, we won't go back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nancy S
Newport Beach, California
“Best brunch in town”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We often go to Plums for brunch. Our favorite for special occasions such as Mother's Day and Easter. They offer a great variety of breakfast and lunch items on the menu. The food is excellent. We like to sit on the patio outside on a nice day.

Visited December 2012