“As good as "greenleaf" can get”

Greenleaf Gourmet Chopshop
Ranked #93 of 509 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Scottsdale, Arizona
“As good as "greenleaf" can get”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Never had a salad like this one...fresh--like really fresh and local lettuce, tomato, olives, humus, onion...and all the side stuff. Sat at the bar and faced a menu with so many choices--and a ability to construct anykind of salad or juice...decisions...decisions..made all the better by the folks behind the bar who took us through the multiple options.... solid wine choices..and best lemonade in the county... Go there once and it will not be your last time.

Visited July 2014

Kernersville, North Carolina, United States
“Sandwiches and Salads”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good selection of salads (prearranged and an option for you to build your own), sandwiches, and entrees. I thought I ordered the turkey panini and instead received a cold turkey sandwich. The sandwich included shaved turkey meat, blue cheese, and sliced green apple. My friend ordered an entry w/ tuna, pasta salad (excellent!) and kale salad (bland). This location had an attached bakery/to-go area also. The Whoopie Pie was delicious! Had taste and texture as a whoopie pie should.

• Visited June 2014
Orange, California
“Delicious First Experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Met up here with a very good friend to eat some dinner. Parking was a little frustrating because there weren't any spaces available in the lot designated, so we parked on the street. Parking is always such a huge deal with me though, so if you don't mind hunting for a spot then it shouldn't bother you. I loved the overall look and feel of the place. This is a casual dining experience meaning you walk up to place your order, they give you a number to put on the table you choose to sit at, and they bring your order to you when it's ready. Not only was the atmosphere great, but the food was really good too. I ordered the grilled vegetable and goat cheese "pizza" which was mostly a flat bread. It was wonderfully delicious--I loved the combination of flavors. I look forward to going back with my friend and trying some more of the items on their menu.

• Visited May 2014
Whittier, California
“Leftovers !!!!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I Love this place. One of my favorite places to go where I can eat because I am so picky about food. And I don't like a lot of surprises in my food. I had the tortilla soup which said nothing about huge chunks of avocado in it. So of course I returned it. They were fast on getting me a new one avocado free since I'm allergic to them. My boyfriend ordered the flank steak, sweet potato fries and spinach. Can I say cold cold cold fries. It made me say What is happening here ? Then my vegetables came. That was my main meal. Zucchini, Squash, Mushrooms and Carrots. they tasted like they were made yesterday. Yuck ! I did not go to a nice place to eat and have leftovers... So of course I felt like the complainer. The hostess said they cook it before and warm it up. Nope Not for me! So I changed to the green beans. Waiting, Waiting, Waiting..... As I only ordered vegetables and now have to eat alone. Waiting for some Hot sweet potato fries. Finally they come out and my green beans are cold ???? I took them home to cook them myself. And the fries just weren't appetizing after all the trouble, so we left them on the table. All I could say leaving was WHAT happen this place. Maybe the cook was sick and didn't show up tonight? Maybe they are having an off night? So I will probably will try to go again to see if it is still a favorite of mine or not! Oh and the green beans were really good after I cooked them at home. : (
Very disappointed tonight!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Julie B
Redlands, California
“Green and fantastic!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant and we were impressed!

The pan fried salmon was prepared wonderfully and was very tasty. The pita chips and hummus side were delicious with a fresh herb-y flavor. The "Grilled Deliciousness" was unusual - it was like a savory fig newton in a little tart crust. The oven baked sweet potato "fries" were good. The make your own salad was nearly overwhelming with all the options to choose from - but a great way to deal with food allergies and still get a great meal.

The lady who took our order was more than helpful with assisting with choices from the menu which would not stray into food allergy ingredients, which was so appreciated.

We will return here when we are in Costa Mesa again.

• Visited July 2013