“Sugar Cookie”
Review of The Queens Bakery - CLOSED

The Queens Bakery
Reviewed June 19, 2013

You must enjoy their sugar cookie. The Queens Bakery is close to my home so I like to stop in and get a sugar cookie to go. They are big so it hits the spot.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Don't waste your money on any type of Groupon for this place. They sold too many and are unable to cope with the demand. They are booked beyond all the expiration dates (unless you are independently wealthy and can come in during the middle of the week, in which case, why do you need to buy a voucher?)

They will not honor vouchers that expire so you can either use it as cash or lose your $15-$20. You'll also get a mouthful of attitude over the phone. If they think this is a good strategy for building a solid clientele and general goodwill, they are sadly mistaken. I've had many vendors honor deals beyond exp dates when it was obvious they messed up and sold more than they could handle, but not these precious fancy pants.

Queen's Bakery? *Royally* shafted is more like it. Oh we'll...not everyone has decent business sense.

1  Thank Vlarenne
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This place is a JOKE!

I went here for a baby shower recently and upon walking in the place was HOT! The 'bakers', I seriously would not call them pastry chefs as that is a title that goes to someone that actually knows how to bake...more about that later.

Now you would think if someone paid big bucks to host their baby shower that indeed the owner and the workers would greet the guest with smiles and knowledge about their bakery, but Not Here.

The Tea- Cold. Came from tea bags. If you asked for them to warm it up, the lil ladies said that they get one refil before they would need to charge. WHAT?

The Salad- Horrible. Period. The salad was from a bag. The dressing was soup with lettuce sprinkled on top.

The Sandwiches-Disgusting. You couldnt pay a me, fat lady, lol not really, 500.00 to take a bite. The Brie Sanwich was merely the thick wax mixed with cranberry on top of stale Webers Bread that was cut the previous day and sat in a refridgerator uncovered, stale. The nutella and strawberry was sauggy and the strawberry tasted like it was frozen.

The Cake-By far the worst cake man ever saw and ate. It was lopsided, Dry as stale bread, and the icing had so much food coloring in it that the entire baby shower guests had dark green teeth.

If you are considering coming to this bakery, save the Gas. Save your money. But most importantly save your time and dont waste this special thing called life partonizing a bakery that is destined to go if they dont change their ways.

If you really want a cute tea parlor that takes pride in their tea, food and cakes. Try Paris in A Cup in the Orange Circle. They are amazing and truly take pride in having a "high tea", tea party, or just plain lunch. This place was a waste of my time. Boo on the Queen

3  Thank Lovely L
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Fun atmosphere that would be perfect for girl's party or shower! Ordered the turkey artichoke sandwich; didn't meet my expectations. Would skip the cucumber mint water next time, as it had too much cucumber "pulp" for my liking. Dessert tart was good. My friend said the cupcake frosting was amazing, though the cake was dry (however it is very rare to find both done well). This review makes me sound picky, but for some reason the food was underwhelming compared to other local cafes (especially for the price). Would rather enjoy lunch at Alicia's or Champagne Bakery.

1  Thank jenca11
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I held off on writing this review until I came back a 2nd time. I really wanted to give it a good rating. The place is SUPER cute (imagine Alice in Wonderland). Perfect for girls outings -- babyshowers, tea parties, bridal showers, etc. The first time I came with my daughter and a friend and her daughter. The girls loved the setting and it kept them occupied while my friend and I chatted (a huge plus). However, after a while (it took 40 mins to get our food after standing in line 15 mins to order!) even the girls got antsy and hungry. I brushed it off because it was the first day of their Travelzoo promo and they were clearly overwhelmed and understaffed. They even admitted they were caught off guard, not knowing how popular the Travelzoo deal would be. Nevertheless, when the food did come (we had to remind them at least a dozen times), the food was good. This past weekend, I returned w/ my daughter, son and husband. We ordered in a timely manner (no lines). There were parties going on so they stuck us out in the outdoor patio. We got our food within 15 mins. BUT the food this time was really not great. The portions were much smaller than the first visit, the turkey/artichoke sandwich I had was SOUR. I wasn't sure why. It wasn't the dressing because I didn't put any dressing on there. The red-head girl who took our order forgot our desserts. Even after I reminded her 2 times. She promised she'd bring them out but never did. I returned a 3rd time, after waiting and waiting and waiting with still no dessert, and saw her cleaning up tables instead of getting my desserts! I then told a girl who was behind the counter and she had to doublecheck w/ the red-head. Once it was verified that we indeed did not get our dessert yet, she gave it to me apologetically while the red-head just stood there glaring at me and not apologizing at all; treating me like I was a troublemaker for daring to ask for the desserts which I already paid for! I actually even "liked" this establishment on Facebook after my first visit. But after this second one, I un-liked them and had to post this review. It wasn't worth the 30 min drive for subpar service. After the first visit, I brushed it off as a fluke. After this visit, it's apparent that this place is just not up to standard. It's in an industrial park which is odd since this place is so cute. Free parking on street and in the lot. The tiramisu and cupcakes are really good. The sandwiches are hit and miss. My husband was not impressed with his roast beef panini. The Italian sodas are awful. While the food is obviously hit and miss, the service was the one true constant both times -- bad!

2  Thank MkPHAME