“Try the birria!”

El Toro Bravo
Ranked #146 of 535 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Finding authentic taquerias has become somewhat of an obsession in our family. We found this place using Yelp and really enjoyed the experience of getting our dinner there. We took the food back to our hotel because there are only outdoor standing tables. Beware the portions are generous. I got 3 tacos but really only needed 2. I tried the birria (spicy goat) and really enjoyed it. I'd never tasted goat before but will definitely try again after this experience. Of the three tacos: pork, chicken and birria my favorite was the birria. My daughter got a birria burrito and we couldn't believe how much meat went into this burrito. Watching the guys behind the counter is half the fun and we found them all to be quite friendly and personable.

Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

El Toro is a local tortilleria that also does take out. The majority of their business is tortillas, chips and fresh masa to make tomales and tortillas. If you have never experiences fresh tortillas you do not know what you missing. Get yourself a torilla press at the market next door and your in business. Great in the morning with butter and a little salt!
If I am entertaining casually, ETB is my go to spot. The fresh pico de gallo is great, the carnitas are very good, I just remove the fattier pieces as I like mine a little leaner. Get some rice and chips and a few Corona's and your ready to entertain. All for an unbelievable price,