“Ambiance and Food, very good”

Silver Trumpet Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Silver Trumpet Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 508 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anton & Avenue of the Arts
Description: Silver Trumpet elevates the Orange County dining experience.Silver Trumpet Restaurant and Bar—the new dining destination located on Avenue of the Arts in Costa Mesa—features farm-to-table, California cuisine in the center of the vibrant arts district. At the heart of the restaurant's culinary concept is Executive Chef Carlos Garcia's strong commitment to supporting local farmers, fishermen, and purveyors, creating a market-driven, innovative menu that defines culinary excellence. Offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch, the restaurant invites you to experience its exemplary cuisine and all-new modern setting. Just steps away from Segerstrom Center for the Arts and walking distance to South Coast Plaza, Silver Trumpet is an ideal pre- or post-show treat, afternoon lunch spot, or late-night cocktail destination.The restaurant's newly expanded outdoor dining terrace offers stunning views of the property's expansive lake and gardens.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Ambiance and Food, very good”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The restaurant is affiliated with the Wyndham Avenue of the Arts Hotel. It is odd shaped and has a bar furthest from the hotel. Outside seating is available and suggested. Salads are huge and would suggest splitting one. We split the roaster vegetable and sweet potato salad and it was ample for each and terrific. Patti had Pesto Shrimp Pomadoro and I had Butternut Squash Ravioli. Yum.

Visited March 2014

Irvine, California
“My New Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I'll start my review by saying that Silver Trumpet is now my favorite restaurant. I had been here a few years ago before the full remodel, and I must say WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE! It's no longer just a hotel restaurant. The place is beautiful and I loved the ambience. But, here is primarily why I'm so in love with this place....the food! We decided to order appetizers so that we can try several of their items:

~Sliders: you'll never try better sliders. There has to be a secret to these. They are on Hawaiian rolls so they have a soft/sweet taste but the secret has to be in the ingredients used in the meat. You will never go wrong when ordering these sliders...trust me!

~Tacos stuffed with fried portobello mushrooms and pineapple slaw. I'll share with you that I did not eat mushrooms until I had these. These little tacos are to die for!

~Skirt steak with achiote and corn puree. This steak was so tender that it almost dissolves at first bite. It was amazing. Then I thought it came with the typical mashed potatoes but I was surprised when I had the corn purée! I'm trying to figure out why more restaurants don't serve it this way but then again this place is pretty unique!

~Tuna Tartar with Avocado Pico and Sweet Potato Chips...again, not your typical Tuna Tartar. Seafood is my favorite food so this was my favorite dish. The tuna was amazingly fresh and the sweet potato fries were addicting! I had never had tuna tartar with sweet potato fries. What an amazing pairing of foods.

Now you'd figure that with such impressive food that we would walk out of there broke. Another plus...the prices are very reasonable.

For top service, atmosphere, and food...all at a reasonable price, Silver Trumpet is the place. I will be definitely be coming back A LOT!

• Visited March 2014
Irvine
“Holy Mother Why Has This Place Been Hiding Under A Rock?”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner there Friday night, reservation was at 6:30. Walked in and was sat immediately. Really nice restaurant with a equally hip and trendy bar. We were grated immediately by our server Ben. He was professional and pleasant the entire evening. He sold me on the night special which was a seared ahi with roasted corn and sweet peppers. My wife had the house filet mignon with heirloom cauliflower. I have to say that I was seriously blown away. The dishes were both absolutely perfect. Delicious to say the least. We were so surprised that as much as we go out we haven't checked this place out. Enough said just thought I would let the Chef and management know that your doing an outstanding job and we will be back! Bravo

Los Angeles, California
“fair price for exceptional dishes”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Lunch or breakfast you are sure to get something which has a special touch.
The bread before the soup in the bread bowl was amazing--make sure you get a piece of the yellow stuff. The clam chowder in the breadbowl filled me up to the point that I did not need dinner. Though it looks like a super pricey place it is actually great food at a decent cost-- musical décor and bustling gold splashes.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Julia L
So Cal
“Nice place near performing arts center in OC”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have been here several times now.. They have recently redone the décor and it is very chic. The bar is our favorite now. They have a separate menu from the dining room with great salads, sandwiches and appetizers. Last night we had just the burger sliders which were soooo good and the honey habanero wings. They were great too. I was afraid they would be way to spicy but they were perfect. This can get very crowded and noisy sometimes. But last night was a Sunday night so it was very quiet and on a weekend day for lunch we find it pretty quiet too. If you like crowded and noisy with lots of young people, then go on a weekend evening. There is also a patio with heaters.

• Visited February 2014