“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 506 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Anton & Bristol off Interstate 405
Huntington Beach
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Saw this restaurant in Washington DC, but never got a chance to go. Then my wife let me know there was a new one 10 minutes from us in Costa Mesa. Made a reservation for our 10th anniversary a couple weeks ago.
Wonderful experience. Our table was decorated, a free glass of champagne to toast, a free dessert; all unexpected. The service was top notch; everyone was nice, professional and knowledgeable. The food was incredible. My rib-eye and my wife's filet were delicious, and the lobster mac-n-cheese was great. The mushrooms were so good even my wife enjoyed them, and she does not ever eat mushrooms. A fantastic time, fantastic dinner, what more can you ask for.

• Visited April 2014

Irvine, California
“Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Everytime I'm here, I keep on getting impressed with their service. Made reservation for my birthday dinner. Arrived to my table with personalized birthday card. The table was decorated with confetti. They gave me a birthday dessert that was professionally chocolate stenciled " happy birthday" with champagne for me & my friend with raspberry.

Argyle, Texas
“I wish I had eaten fish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Just craving a steak, because I'm out of Texas. I wish I had ordered fish. The other time I ate at this restaurant, the fish was incredible. I had the filet tonight, which was good but not memorable. It was cooked perfectly medium rare, but it had a bland flavor. The asparagus cooked in lemon oil was delicious. Next time...the fish.

1 Thank TexasTravelette
Northern New Jersey
“Well Run As Capital Grille's Go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I personally find Capital Grille locations unpredictable as food quality, service and restaurant management can be all over the map. Some are even lousy and I've crossed them off of my list, especially for business entertaining. But the Capital Grille Costa Mesa happens to do a very fine job and we enjoyed both good service and good food during a recent business dinner for ten guests and on a pretty busy Saturday night. So while a bit challenging to find in the shopping mall, you'll be more than pleased here.

• Visited March 2014
Orange County, CA
“Best creamed corn + giant crock of French onion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Service by Richard was excellent. We started off with a cup of lobster bisque, a crock of French onion soup, followed by 14 oz ribeye, halibut and crab plus creamed corn on the side. Everything was absolutely delicious. The ambience was romantic and timing of beverage, bread, soups & main dish were on the money. What a great dining experience. We thought it was a lot better than Mastro's Steakhouse. We will return to this restaurant on another big occasion.