“Good Variety of Choices”
Review of Seasons 52

Seasons 52
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 520 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bristol Street and Anton Avenue at South Coast Plaza
Description: Seasons 52 is a fresh grill and wine bar that invites guests to discover the sensational flavors of a seasonally-inspired menu and award-winning international wine list in a casually-sophisticated ambiance.At Seasons 52, we pride ourselves on offering our guests: * Seasonally-inspired dining choices expertly designed to excite and surprise the palate * An award-winning international wine list featuring diverse wine selections that personalize the dining experience * Knowledgeable, approachable service that inspires confidence * A casually-sophisticated adult ambiance that feels inviting
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Went with several co-workers. This location is in an upscale mall and was pretty crowded in the dining room but we were able to sit down right away in the bar. There was live music (a not very talented piano player/singer) that did make it a bit difficult to talk, but the food made up for the atmosphere. We shared a couple of the flatbread appetizers and they were really tasty. I had a a couple of small plates for my meal and that made a perfectly sized meal for me. Two of my fellow diners had the scallops and really enjoyed them. The other person had a pasta dish that he felt was a little too spicy so that was the only complaint about the meal. We closed off the meal trying a couple of the bite-sized desserts. Also pretty tasty although at first several of the people at the table didn't realize they could just chose from the selection and thought they were samples to be ordered.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband brought me here as a surprise to celebrate my birthday. We arrived a few minutes early for our 6pm reservation and were promptly escorted through a half-empty section of the restaurant and seated right in front of the large, noisy, open kitchen door :(

When asked if we could move, the host replied that nothing better would be available until 8:15pm. But I could see if there was a better table in the bar area.Really?

At this point I'm ready to just leave. I can see that my husband is confused that the host walked away and we weren't moving. He was confused because the noise from the kitchen was so loud he couldn't hear the conversation. Theme of the night because he couldn't hear anything that was said. How romantic. Yelling all night so he could hear me.

Our server, Erika, went back twice to try to help us move and even walked the bar to see if she could find us another table. Nothing was available. We stayed because we knew we wouldn't get into another restaurant without a reservation on a Saturday night.

Here's the rub. Everyone after us was seated in a quieter section. Each time the host walked past, he didn't look at us. I even initiated the sarcastic "have a good evening" on the way out because he was too busy talking to the other hostesses.

The wait staff gets 5 stars. Erika tried her best to make it a nice night. The food is excellent and also gets 5 stars. I will never go back because of how the host treated us.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food was ok but nothing special for the price you pay. The entire atmosphere and service feels a little outdated. I know that this may be preferred by a huge conservative (older) OC crowd but it is not your best pick if you have any modern, contemporary bone in your body. Ok but won't be going back.

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Every dish we has was delicious (salmon on cedar plank, spinach salad, scallops, shrimp cavatappi). Gets crowded quickly on a Friday night, reservations recommended. Can get noisy when busy.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

this is one of those places that i will recommend to a visitor to go to for sure. i love the concept of healthy "low cal" entrees. one of the only places i wil order dessert, as the portions are perfect