“A welcome addition to the food scene”
Review of Seasons 52

Seasons 52
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 521 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bristol Street and Anton Avenue at South Coast Plaza
Description: Seasons 52 is a fresh grill and wine bar that invites guests to discover the sensational flavors of a seasonally-inspired menu and award-winning international wine list in a casually-sophisticated ambiance.At Seasons 52, we pride ourselves on offering our guests: * Seasonally-inspired dining choices expertly designed to excite and surprise the palate * An award-winning international wine list featuring diverse wine selections that personalize the dining experience * Knowledgeable, approachable service that inspires confidence * A casually-sophisticated adult ambiance that feels inviting
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Quiet, fairly sophisticated environment. Great food & service with controlled calorie content. Desserts are intentionally small & loaded with flavor--just what you want when you have a hankering for something sweet and a waistline to consider. Ideal for a business lunch. I went to the one in Miami in '13 and it was also great.

1  Thank Drthmedarb

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We went after a day of shopping at South Coast Plaza, where Seasons 52 is located.

Our reservation was promptly honored and we were led to a nice table in the main dining room. The ambience is low light, so our server had to loan DW a flashlight. (I always carry on.)

Excellent, attentive service throughout.

I had a Ruby Grapefruit martini, which was excellent. (Seasonal special.)

DW had salmon on a plank, excellent. Even the veggies were planked. I had the special soup (essentially an onion soup without the bread on top to keep the calories down, which is the conceit of Seasons 52), and followed it with a caprese appetizer to which I added a lobster tail for $9.95. I was not thrilled with the warm caprese appetizer, and if I did it again I would tell them not to heat it. We finished with two little desserts for about $2.75 per dessert.

Total bill, about $90. (We had an American Express promotion which reduced that to $70.)

Free parking in the shopping center parking lot. Valet available as well from the shopping center. The valet's use of that area of parking makes accessing parts of the parking lot a challenge; not Seasons fault.

I'd go again. I liked it better than Scott's across the street.

My biggest ding was the lighting.

1  Thank SoCalTraveler91356
Reviewed January 9, 2014

If you are trying to lose weight then this is the place for you as all dishes are less than 450 calories. I for one like to eat a lot more and as a result will not be going again.

1  Thank FSUWIN
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Seasons 52 is a wonderful restaurant to meet for lunch or dinner. The fact that all meals are 475 calories or less makes it even better. It is the favorite place for my co-workers and I who are always trying to keep calories low and eat healthier. Classy place with a great menu that changes with the "seasons".

Linda K

1  Thank rl_kearns
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I sat down at Seasons to enjoy lunch one day. The big draw for us was the promise of every dish on their menu somehow reaching only 450 calories or less. This is a challenging feat for a chef but even like our waitress said, with some creative flavor pairing and knowing how to make it all work, what you'll receive is true magic on a plate. My wife went for the steak, I enjoyed the scallops. I have had scallops at many places but at Seasons, they hit every mark as far as what I like and how I like them...the taste the texture, the presentation....VERY nicely done. Service was awesome for this place as well. Our waitress was Birdy, an adorable and perky young lady who was very knowledgable about the menu she peddled. Her service was top notch and from what I could tell of the other staff, they were just as good. A few others came to help her out so their was some admirable team effort happening within the wait staff.

The big treat came when dessert rolled around. Believe you me when I tell you that I have had my share of desserts but what Seasons offered was pure coolness. For someone who likes to try it all, they have a platter that they bring out. There are about 8 tall shot glasses, each with their own little tasty treat....everything from cheesecake, to peanut butter/chocolate mouse to carrot cake to pecan pie. It was a party for this dessert lover as we splurged and bought the whole platter. We even bought some to take home, which will include the cost of the dessert plus a dollar more for the shot glass. These desserts, I'm told, hold a calorie range from 50 to 250 each (depending on what it is) - again, quite impressive for the flavor you pull from them!

I was very impressed with this place. We will definitely return to Seasons and we've even declared it our new "place".

Some restaurants just know how to do it and this is one of them. You just know everything will be right when you walk through the door. There's confidence in the food preparation, the calorie-based dishes are a plus for those health conscious folk and the service was all too wonderful. Well done "Seasons", I'll be seeing you through all four of them! ; )

1  Thank bmurf6873