“Great desserts”
Review of Seasons 52

Seasons 52
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 510 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bristol Street and Anton Avenue at South Coast Plaza
Description: Seasons 52 is a fresh grill and wine bar that invites guests to discover the sensational flavors of a seasonally-inspired menu and award-winning international wine list in a casually-sophisticated ambiance.At Seasons 52, we pride ourselves on offering our guests: * Seasonally-inspired dining choices expertly designed to excite and surprise the palate * An award-winning international wine list featuring diverse wine selections that personalize the dining experience * Knowledgeable, approachable service that inspires confidence * A casually-sophisticated adult ambiance that feels inviting
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great desserts”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I love that all the dishes here are 475 calories or less. I particularly recommend their desserts. They are served in shot size glasses and come in a multitude of flavors. I also loved their salmon on the cedar plank.

• Visited November 2013

Buena Park, California, United States
“Great taste”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was great and the service was great.
Overall, it was a great dining experience. My wife just loves this place.

Visited November 2013
Irvine
“Lunching”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Lunching with friends at Seasons 52, which attributes its concept and name to correspond to the 52 weeks in a year, and the weekly menu changes that capture and highlight seasonal vegetables and fruits.

We try the Smoked Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Flatbread served with dill and red onions. The flatbread remained true to its name, both crispy and light. The salmon is salty and served over a parmesan crusted flatbread along with a dill aioli. Excellent execution of flavor and texture.

Exposing an absence of distinction and individuality, or as I would rather put it, exhibiting a common thread, we three order the Blackened Fish Tacos with guacamole, pico de gallo and salsa verde and chipotle cream served within a soft wheat tortilla. The fish is prepared with precision, delicious. The chipotle cream has a bit of bite from the heat. The wheat tortila is too bready and pita-like, thereby masking the great flavors of the fish and condiments. The tortilla was a poser of sorts and became a hindrance. Away with you tortilla!

Now, to the entertainment....

Our beloved server was good throughout the appetizer and meal portion of our experience; it was only when it became time for dessert that she morphed into a militaristic dictator.

She ever so ineffectively tried to impose dessert upon us. Little did she know that we were unmoved and not as unsuspecting as she may have gathered. She used intimidation as she indicated that we were to have dessert - repeatedly. It became awkward as she set plates and spoons in front of us, as she employed her spiel regarding the desserts.

We had other plans. We were in the mood for some See's raspberry cream chocolates. Decline her propositions, we did.

Oh, by the way, baklava is pronounced bäkle-vä. If you want to close the deal, you've got to sell it, my dear.

• Visited September 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Last night we celebrated my wife's birthday at your restaurant. We made reservation for 5:30 and thought maybe we should go to Duke's in Huntington Beach instead like we always do for someone's birthday in our family. However, my wife fought hard for Seasons 52 which was a great choice.

From the time we walked in until we left we observed nothing but a friendly staff. The restaurant looks and feels high class. The menu is well written and has several choices for the customers. Our waiter was "Edward" and his attention to detail was second to none. He assisted us in choices of wine and the main course. I like it when staff knows what they are talking about, instead of guessing of what item tastes good or not.

The food from the flat bread to main dish was awesome. The shrimp was cooked perfectly, and the salmon too.

The General Manager (sorry forgot his name) even came up to our table and said desert was on him for coming on my wife's birthday. Class move which surprised us.

Overall impression was excellent, I would go back in a heart beat and I will tell my friends about this gem of a restaurant we experienced

• Visited October 2013
Orange, California
“Amazing food and atmosphere”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

First time I ate at this restaurant. The atmosphere was amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. All the items in the menu are less than 475 calories.
Their specialty is flat bread. Had them for appetizer. They also had a very good salmon appetizer. For the entree I had the salmon dinner salad. Could not be happier. Passed on the desert.
I would eat at this restaurant again soon.

• Visited October 2013