This time, I would like to share my recent experience in staying at Motel 6 Newport Beach in December 2013. I chose this motel because of its (good) reviews and the fact that it was on the way to San Diego. Upon my arrival in LAX, I spent few hours visiting few places in Orange County area before heading to this motel.
Later that evening, we both decided to to to Motel 6 after having our diner and check-in. It took us a little while before we found the motel although I used GPS to navigate us. We arrived and checked-in around 11:00 pm and when we arrived, we could see the outdoor parking lot was fully occupied so we had no hope in finding a room in the street level as we had requested.
We got our room upstairs in the back building. Our room was quite modern but in my opinion, it was not really clean as we could see clearly from its laminated (wooden) flooring. However, since we both stayed in the motel for few hours before leaving early the next morning, we did not bother to complain or request in having a room change.
Overall, I would personally see this motel as the similar properties owned and/or managed by Motel 6 across US. At the price I paid, I believe nothing to complain about. It was not really far off from Costa Mesa Shopping Center, approx. 15~20 minutes drive during normal traffic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in June 2009 with a modern, European boutique-style flair , modern guestroom design that features bright accent colors. The room includes ambient lighting, wood-effect flooring rather than carpet, and a 32-inch flat-screen TV. The flat screen TV is displayed on the entertainment unit which conceals the door-less wardrobe behind it, thus combining two needs into one unit. Also included on the entertainment unit is a cubby for personal items and a multi-media panel allowing guests to plug in their mp3 players, CD players and laptop computers – this feature allows guests to listen to their favorite tunes or use the flat-screen TV as their computer monitor while enjoying Wi-Fi internet access in their room. The room also features pedestal beds with a new taupe-colored coverlet and pillow-top platform mattress. Guests will also notice the clean style and the upscale touch of the colored bed scarf that matches the accent wall color. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Motel-6, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Newport Beach Hotel Costa Mesa
- Motel 6 Newport Beach Costa Mesa, CA - Orange County