All reviews newport beach great pizza napa valley free wifi clean place to stay security cameras basic amenities uber ride mini fridge short stay the air conditioning fashion island king bed john wayne airport freeway tv clerk
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is the best motel 6 that I have seen! Very clean. It is in a quiet neighborhood. It is near the airport. It is very updated. Nice tv and bathroom. Linens were very nice.
Front desk guy was patient when I had a problem with the key.
The bad:
Internet didn't work. Nothing is very close.
If the Internet worked I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We drove up from Carlsbad for a Friday night family get together and rather than driving back that night we decided to stay close to Balboa/Newport/Lido Isle to take a walk down memory lane when we were kids vacationing on Balboa. This Motel 6 is one of the refurbed in the way of European efficiency units at Paris CDG. They have done a good job and the rooms are above average in size. We found a French bistro just down the road in Newport and had brunch on the water overlooking Lido Isle back of Villa Nova on Sunday morning. Pool, Jacuzzi, flat panel tv and wifi..walking distance to the Orange County Fairgrounds too.

Room Tip: They have an elevator so any floor is good. We were on the level above the pool and jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I found a great deal here via Orbitz. When I arrived, the very polished manager, MAC, offered me a free room upgrade as well. YAY! The newly remodeled hotel is very Euro-deco--loved the lines and colors-- and my room 341 was spacious...I could even do yoga. Everything was spotless.
I had both a fridge and microwave.

Then there were laundry facilities, underground parking (shade) and a pool with hot tub.
Generally quiet at night, too. Strategic location for my class in Corona del Mar.
Thanks, Mr. Mgr. MAC, for being so gracious. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get up top and into a larger space.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lina005
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The manager and staff have been very gracious and friendly. After a long trip on the road from Wilmington North Carolina it's nice to be treated so nice. We will defenetly recommend them to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Lunagurl
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We checked in at 3,00 pm but after finding an insect in the mattress (it seemed bedbugs to us) we brought it to the front desk and we were ready for checking out. The manager said it was a butterfly (?) and quickly threw it in the thrash, suggesting a different room. We said no thanks, we' re leaving, but he refused to refund us, even if we showed evidence of a dirty mattress.
In my opinion you should avoid this place!!!
August 2012. Cris from Italy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple