All reviewsnewport beachgreat pizzanapa valleyfree wificlean place to staysecurity camerasbasic amenitiesuber ridemini fridgeshort staythe air conditioningfashion islandking bedjohn wayne airportfreewaytvclerk
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I picked this room because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor, and I was on a tight budget, but I was still a little wary because I had never stayed at a Motel 6 before. It exceeded my expectations! First of all, I loved the IKEA-like room with simple, sleek, clean-lined furniture. The bed was super comfortable and the bedspread was a nice clean cotton coverlet. Appreciated the cleanliness of the vinyl floors, as well as the micro/fridge combo. Pool was next to parking lot but looked super clear and clean. Felt safe there as a single traveler, although I did not walk around the neighborhood. Only things I would mention if you book there: bring shampoo, a hairdryer, and definitely an alarm clock, since none of those is in the room. Also, since pets are allowed, I occasionally heard a dog howling or barking. But, all in all, I would highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in the area. It was about a 10 minute drive to the beach and close to a grocery store and other shopping. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Chicagomom5
Reviewed April 9, 2011

This was a great little motel! It's definitely a no frills motel, the rooms are very basic, small with minimal furniture. They do have microwaves, fridge, free wi-fi, and a decent TV (with convenient hookups for game consoles/computers if you have them).The staff was very nice, readily allowing late check out and early check in. This is an older motel, which has been remodeled, and there is both covered and uncovered parking. Pool and laundry facilities were great.

This is a great hotel for anyone looking for a cheap place to crash. Convenient to the Beach, Orange Coast College, Vanguard University, John Wayne Airport, and 20 minute drive to Disneyland and Anaheim convention center.

This is a no frills motel, so if you're looking for the Ritz, I'd skip it. But if you're looking for an affordable vacation/business option and want a great staff, this is the motel for you!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NerdsTravels
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I was in a crunch to find a hotel for the night. I found this hotel through the excellent reviews in tripadvisor. They are true. I showed up close to midnight and the person working at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. I went to the room and was blown away at how nice and clean it was. Yes it was a low budget hotel and the room showed it (everything was bolted to the walls, etc). But I loved the European styling of the room. The only thing wrong was the slow Internet and the bed had a cigarette burn on the comforter. Bed was comfy and the bathroom was very clean. The room was not on a major road and it was verrrry quiet. The next morning I checked out and I told the gentleman working at the front how awesome the room was. He offered me a cup of coffee even though it was past the time they serve it! I really needed it! This hotel was a pleasant surprise. I would highly advise staying here if you're on a low budget!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Proevan
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Contemporary decor, clean room and bathroom, flat screen tv plus a little refrigerator and microwave ~ you get a lot for your money here. The 2 managers were helpful, attentive and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank menlokaren
Reviewed February 13, 2011

the value, cleanliness, friendliness and location were all 5 star! Mack made sure we were happy with the room by phoning up shortly after we checked in. the rooms were GREAT! Ikea furnished, nice big LCD TV, and the beds were ideal. Firm, slightly military in style but i slept like a rock. No carpet in the rooms just woodgrained tile floors, more motels ought to get that clue. this motel ought to be the flagship for Motel 6, its was immaculate..

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business