“Excellent choice”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bedford, Texas
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I made plans to stay here for a family reunion and received many praises for my excellent hotel choice. At a time when most other hotels charged a lot more than usual, I was gladly surprised to still find an option within everybody's budget. The architecture, art work, furniture, and classical music background created a very nice atmosphere. The breakfast had many options and was delicious. The bed was really comfortable. The location was great for the plans we had to explore several beaches. The staff was very helpful.

Thanks for being part of the wonderful memories we made in this trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed April 1, 2014

overall we enjoyed our stay at the Aryes Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa. It was very central and close to places that we needed to travel while in California. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was very friendly.

The only problem we encountered was that our reservation was for 4 people and we had a room with one Queen bed and a pullout queen sofa bed. There was no linen, pillows or blanket for the pull out bed.

Other than that we completely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Edgar N
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Edgar N,

We greatly appreciate you choosing us for your stay as well as taking the time to write your review. When sleeping in the room with a queen sofa bed, we agree that the linens should be available promptly and apologize for the inconvenience. We will work to make sure these accommodations are met. We strive to find the best locations possible to provide an enjoyable and easy stay for our wide range of guests. I am glad to hear that we were able to make your travels as easy as possible. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience but am glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will have the chance to visit us again very soon.

Susan O'Brien-Moore
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed at this location because it was relatively close to the area I needed to be (Irvine). With that said, I didn't really need a whole lot to make my stay enjoyable, easy check in, and some peace and quiet. The check in was easy except they couldn't give me the room I requested because they were sold out. What's the point of reserving and requesting a room if you can't honor it? Ok, whatever, not the end of the world. The quiet on the other hand is not something I can negotiate on. Especially when I'm paying. I'm not talking about quiet in the bar or near the pool, I just wanted quiet in my room. The guest above me had kids that ran around all night. I'm not saying that kids shouldn't be allowed to run, I personally don't want to hear it. And since they were "sold out" there's nothing that could be done. Epic fail. The furniture is completely outdated and overall needs a remodel. The morning breakfast failed on having many options for anyone that wasn't looking for greasy bacon and eggs at 7am. There was a bowl of cantaloupe and melon but not a banana or apple in sight. Would a piece of whole fruit be too much to ask?? Overall it's not a horrible place to stay. It really depends on what experience you're looking for. I personally will not return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jacqueline924
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for choosing us for your stay. We try to make each guest's visit as accommodating as possible. At times when our hotel is sold out due to multiple events taking place at our location or in the area, or groups staying at our hotel, we are not always able to accommodate every request and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We are working hard with our kitchen team to provide a quality driven breakfast with plenty of variety. I apologize that the breakfast was not satisfactory for you in the morning. Providing a breakfast that starts the day off right for our guests is important. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope you will still consider staying us in the future.

Susan O'Brien-Moore
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I enjoy the atmosphere here. It has a wonderful welcoming feel and the people are incredible helpful at the front desk. It is a great location. The hotel and rooms are gracious and I will
stay there anytime I am in the area. Feels like home!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Central PA
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed at this Ayres Hotel the night before flying out of John Wayne Airport. It also happened to be the night *after* we stayed at the Ayres Hotel in Laguna Woods. I have to report that this location suffered by comparison. The air traffic from the airport is loud. On the Friday night we arrived, the hotel seemed packed--very hard to find a parking space, and loud parties/meetings seemed to be going on in and around the pool courtyard, with the noise sometimes seeping into our room. We found the back door to the hotel propped wide open when we finally found a place to park and brought our luggage in. At about 9 p.m., the guests above us returned to their room and ran around endlessly (kids? drunk adults? who knows?). We finally just put our ear plugs in and went to sleep. While the room and furnishings were nice, you could tell that they had been hard-used (unlike our experience at the Laguna Woods location) and the room layout seemed odd to me (walking right into the bar/sink area).

We left too early to partake of the breakfast, though there were some pastries out at 5 a.m. when we checked out. On the plus side, the hotel is very close to the airport and a pretty good value, I felt. It's also close to several gas stations if you have to refill your rental car. Just don't expect a lot of quiet here--it definitely seems like a busy place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LiberryLady
San Jose, California
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed at Ayres for a 2 day conference hosted by the California Consortium of Education Foundations. I represented the Castillero Middle School Education Foundation as incoming President. I was VERY pleased with hotel experience.The customer service is the best I've experienced to-date and I have some travel experience. Staff are pleasant, responsive, considerate and courteous. Rooms are designed to today's trends, with flat screen tvs, wet bar and fridge; are clean, well furnished, designed for comfort and hallways are well lit and wide. Elevators are quiet and smooth ride. I really like the modern mediterranean 'look', colors and feel of the whole hotel. I like the indoor/outdoor enclosed garden and outdoor courtyard with the well-maintained table top accents (herbs in pots!) I did not have time to use spa so can't evaluate. I wish I brought camera to take photos of the garden and the decor of the foyer etc. Shuttle to and from airport and conference site was very efficient. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms were part of conference group rate, but I think worth it!