We stayed at this Ayres Hotel the night before flying out of John Wayne Airport. It also happened to be the night *after* we stayed at the Ayres Hotel in Laguna Woods. I have to report that this location suffered by comparison. The air traffic from the airport is loud. On the Friday night we arrived, the hotel seemed packed--very hard to find a parking space, and loud parties/meetings seemed to be going on in and around the pool courtyard, with the noise sometimes seeping into our room. We found the back door to the hotel propped wide open when we finally found a place to park and brought our luggage in. At about 9 p.m., the guests above us returned to their room and ran around endlessly (kids? drunk adults? who knows?). We finally just put our ear plugs in and went to sleep. While the room and furnishings were nice, you could tell that they had been hard-used (unlike our experience at the Laguna Woods location) and the room layout seemed odd to me (walking right into the bar/sink area).
We left too early to partake of the breakfast, though there were some pastries out at 5 a.m. when we checked out. On the plus side, the hotel is very close to the airport and a pretty good value, I felt. It's also close to several gas stations if you have to refill your rental car. Just don't expect a lot of quiet here--it definitely seems like a busy place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charm and elegance of a European-inspired boutique hotel awaits you! You'll find all of the 284 luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature, triple sheeted Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, MP3 radios, and hairdryers. A stay at our Costa Mesa hotel means you'll be just moments from some of the biggest California attractions. Only just down the street, you will find the most prestigious shopping mall in Orange County, South Coast Plaza, with stores like Tiffany's and Bloomingdale's. For the theater buffs, the Segerstrom Center for the Arts is only 3 miles away and engages audiences with a broad range of productions in music, dance, and theater. The Orange County Fairgrounds, mere minutes away from the Ayres Hotel and Suites Costa Mesa, plays host to numerous festivals and fairs. The most famous is the Orange County Fair with tons of rides, attractions, and fair food which takes place every Summer. For those coming to California for its pristine beaches, Newport Beach is close by and absolutely breathtaking. Balboa Island is also a short ferry ride away from the nearby Balboa Peninsula and provides great family fun with fair rides and attractions. Explore everything Orange County has to offer when you visit our exceptional Costa Mesa hotel in the heart of the OC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Hotel And Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
- Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa
- Ayres Hotel & Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach CA - Orange County