The hotel is well maintained and great location if attending the O.C. fair block party. Staff was friendly (registration, lounge, restaurant breakfast). The hotel shuttle did take a group of us to the fairgrounds but we were disappointed that the shuttle did not run after 10:30 p.m. When the block party would end around mid-night. Everyone was on there own to get back to the hotel.
When I made our reservation we were told that the breakfast buffet was to end about 9-9:30 a.m. onnNew Years Day. I called the banquet manager Rick to ask if it could run later due to it being New Years and most of us would have stayed out late. Rick advised it would stay open till 10:30 a.m. Which was nice.
Right about 7:04 a.m. We were woken up to jets taking off from the airport. We have stayed at airport hotels before where you don't here the planes. They might need to change their windows/sliders for better noise.
They have paper cups for coffee not real mugs/cups. I used a paper cup to heat up water to make hot chocolate I brought with me. The cup started burning before the two seconds were up. Had to open slider to let smoke smell out.
Don't get first floor room. Had someone walking maybe dancing around above us starting at 530 a.m.
Overall property clean, nice decor, friendly staff, good buffet breakfast. Loved the cookies in the lobby in the evening! Bed was very comfortable. Nice big jacuzzi tub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charm and elegance of a European-inspired boutique hotel awaits you! You'll find all of the 284 luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature, triple sheeted Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, MP3 radios, and hairdryers. A stay at our Costa Mesa hotel means you'll be just moments from some of the biggest California attractions. Only just down the street, you will find the most prestigious shopping mall in Orange County, South Coast Plaza, with stores like Tiffany's and Bloomingdale's. For the theater buffs, the Segerstrom Center for the Arts is only 3 miles away and engages audiences with a broad range of productions in music, dance, and theater. The Orange County Fairgrounds, mere minutes away from the Ayres Hotel and Suites Costa Mesa, plays host to numerous festivals and fairs. The most famous is the Orange County Fair with tons of rides, attractions, and fair food which takes place every Summer. For those coming to California for its pristine beaches, Newport Beach is close by and absolutely breathtaking. Balboa Island is also a short ferry ride away from the nearby Balboa Peninsula and provides great family fun with fair rides and attractions. Explore everything Orange County has to offer when you visit our exceptional Costa Mesa hotel in the heart of the OC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Hotel And Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
- Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa
- Ayres Hotel & Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach CA - Orange County