Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
$101
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$105
Motel 6
$160
$143
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

BLVD Hotel(Costa Mesa)
$119
AscendHotels
Costa Mesa Marriott(Costa Mesa)
$120
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

$160
TributePortfolio
$132
$123
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$132
$123
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$208
$170
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $232/night.

1,523 results
All reviewsjohn wayne airportjunior suitemain buildingnewport beachbreakfast buffetclose to the airportwet barjacuzzi tuborange countyfashion islanduc irvinepotatoesfree parkingshuttle servicebeautiful hotelsouthern californiabed was very comfortable
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I am totally shocked that this property was rated #1 by Trip Advisor for this area. We just stayed there and would not stay again. It is a typical Ayres property in that it is the European decor-no problem with that-but the minute we stepped into the lobby, we were hit by a musty smell that is unexplainable. The hotel itself is clean and well-maintained, but where does the smell come from? And the floors in both rooms we had access to (started in a smaller room, ended up in a larger suite) were very uneven. Did they remodel over a very old sub-structure? Breakfast was free but a hassle. You are assigned seating as you enter, and there was never enough seating. Sorry, but in my opinion, the food was boring and tasteless - just free. I am just not able to believe any of the most recent reviews that don't mention any of these issues, especially the musty smell. I think I would stay at Ayres again at other locations, but definitely not this one, because of the smell. Staff was extremely nice from the lobby to the gift shop to the breakfast service, and the beds were quite comfortable. Location is 3 miles from South Coast Plaza and just a hop to Newport Beach. The fact that it is next to John Wayne Airport did not bother us - the noise was not an issue. The interior courtyard was quaint and charming and would be a darling place to sit in warm weather. I just think there must be some serious underlying structural issues that would explain the uneven floors and the musty smell.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear MJAL -

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. While I am pleased you found the decor pleasant and the hotel itself clean, I am so sorry that your stay with us was anything less than exceptional. The smell you describe is alarming to hear of as we have not had previous complaints of such a strong odor. I apologize if this negatively impacted your stay and will have the Housekeeping and Maintenance teams look into immediately as we want to get to the bottom of this issue. Thank you for alerting us to this issue and, again, I do apologize and hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The lobby and suites are beautiful. The locations is great. But the insulation is awful - I heard every airplane that went by and all the doors in the hallway that opened and closed. I also heard the maid vacuuming upstairs. Breakfast is good, but all the guests in a room have to go together. This hotel is probably fine for people who have a schedule to keep, but not for someone who wants to relax and sleep in.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cam559
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great hotel. Such a good price for everything you get. The service during breakfast was the best I have had at a continental breakfast. They kept refilling our coffee, etc. The location was convenient - easy access to three major freeways. The hotel lobbies were so pretty with all of the Christmas decorations. Would definitely stay here again, but would choose to ask for a room away from the pool area as it tended to be loud at night before it closed.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are noisier.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear trojankelly -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for choosing us for your stay. We strive very hard to be "great" so it is wonderful to hear that everything proved satisfying. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the breakfast team so they know how much their hard work is appreciated. We are very grateful for your recommendation and hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I heard great things about your property, people and meals from two friends before I booked my stay. They were right. It is a beautiful well maintained hotel. The room was nice, clean and fresh. All of the people I dealt with were friendly and helpful. The meals were excellent. The meeting room was quiet and nice too. My hotel room was also extremely quite, I slept well all night.
The courtyard and pool area were so relaxing. What a nice place from the decor to the people.
I will be back!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Broker2 -

Thank you so much for taking the advice of your friends and allowing us to welcome you to our hotel. How fantastic to know we lived up the the expectations they set for you. I am so pleased to know you found your accommodations comfortable and clean and your overall stay so relaxing. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have stayed at the Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa on several occasions and the hotel accommodations, cleanliness, housekeeping personnel, front desk staff, and management are top notch. As a retired Hotel General Manager I tend to be a little more critical when staying in hotels and this one is at the very top of my list. We love staying in this hotel. It is convienent to most everything one would need in Costa Mesa, Irvine and Newport Beach. Can not recommend this hotel highly enough!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family