We stayed at the Ayres Costa Mesa many times about 10 years ago and considered it our favorite "Get Away." At that time, we would have rated this hotel equivalent to any 5-star hotel anywhere. The "raised" Queen Anne style beds were so inviting when you opened the door to the room (they matched the decor of the hotel), they gave free drink and appetizer coupons at check-in; and there were fresh, gorgeous apples everywhere you could think of to take at any time of the day. Now, the beds have been changed to those that you would find anywhere in any hotel (boring); not more free coupons; and the apples have been changed out for cookies at the check in during the day.
The staff was pleasant and helpful (gave really good restaurant recommendations). The room, however, had an unpleasant - not fresh - smell to it and once we got into the bed between the sheets, we immediately began itching. We eventually pulled the top sheet up and slept on top of it which helped a bit but the scratching had already created several sore areas on our bodies. It was very late by the time we went to bed and had to get up very early so we chose to stay in the room for the night despite the itching. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone without a thorough check of the room (bed) and do not plan on staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charm and elegance of a European-inspired boutique hotel awaits you! You'll find all of the 284 luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature, triple sheeted Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, MP3 radios, and hairdryers. A stay at our Costa Mesa hotel means you'll be just moments from some of the biggest California attractions. Only just down the street, you will find the most prestigious shopping mall in Orange County, South Coast Plaza, with stores like Tiffany's and Bloomingdale's. For the theater buffs, the Segerstrom Center for the Arts is only 3 miles away and engages audiences with a broad range of productions in music, dance, and theater. The Orange County Fairgrounds, mere minutes away from the Ayres Hotel and Suites Costa Mesa, plays host to numerous festivals and fairs. The most famous is the Orange County Fair with tons of rides, attractions, and fair food which takes place every Summer. For those coming to California for its pristine beaches, Newport Beach is close by and absolutely breathtaking. Balboa Island is also a short ferry ride away from the nearby Balboa Peninsula and provides great family fun with fair rides and attractions. Explore everything Orange County has to offer when you visit our exceptional Costa Mesa hotel in the heart of the OC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Hotel And Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
- Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa
- Ayres Hotel & Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach CA - Orange County