“Everithing was perfect, and then it happened : "The Marriage"”

Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Nice Lobby, almost luxurios, very kind people in the frontdesk.
The room was so nice, window facing the beautifull pool patio. That fryday night was a quiet one.In the next morning good breakfast deserved the title of All-american. We spent the day walking in Newport Beach and came back very tired. I wished a good night of sleep to move on to San Diego the next day, but as soon as we arrived I noticed the chage in the scenario by the pool. They were going to have a marriage party and we couldnt close the eyes until ten past midnight !

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear BillfrmBrazil -

Thank you for your very kind review and for choosing Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa for your visit. While I am pleased that your enjoyed the accommodations, breakfast offerings, and location, I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused by the wedding the hotel was hosting. Our Front Desk team tries exceedingly hard to inform guests if a celebratory event is taking place at the hotel during their stay and are always happy to switch accommodations to a room further from the event if the guest so desires and an alternate room is available. We also place strict time limits on events at the hotel as we know a good night's sleep is of the utmost importance to our guests. I am sorry if this event was not communicated to you more clearly and will be sure to review your comments with the Front Desk team to ensure our future guests will have full access to all of their options. We do appreciate your review and hope you will allow us to welcome you again in the future.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Our family likes to visit the OC area and this was the first time we stayed at this hotel. While the hotel is located within the John Wayne Airport accent flight path, we hardly could hear the noise due to the triple-payne glass used for windows. The hotel was located in a central location making access to tourist spots very easy (Irvine Spectrum, South Coast Plaza shopping mall, Fashion Island shopping mall, Hunnington Beach boardwalk, etc.). The weather was great during the three days we were there. We also obtained a very good rate for the two rooms we used. A good value and nice hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite rooms which were very nice. They had whirlpool tubs.

Dear Mark -

I am thrilled we were able to welcome you for your first experience with the Ayres Hotels of Southern California. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to extend to you our exceptional service and show you that a stay at an Ayres Hotel can be convenient and comfortable. As stated in your review, Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa is central to many Southern California attractions and I am pleased that our location gave you the chance to visit the variety of shopping and entertainment venues in the Orange County area. We appreciate your review and hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

After living in the OC for 30 years we made a move to Fresno to be close to grandchildren.

Yet we still have reason to come back to OC for a weekend or several days. We always make our reservations at Costa Mesa Ayres Hotel and Suites. Wonderful customer care - great rooms - fantastic breakfast ! What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great.
1  Thank breezyblnd
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Breezyblnd -

It is always a pleasure welcoming you as our guest. Thank you for your continued patronage and for your very kind review. Nothing makes the team at the hotel prouder than to know they have created the most consistently comfortable hotel experience for all of our guests, including our returning guests. We appreciate you choosing us time and again and look forward to your next visit to Orange County.

Many thanks,

Reviewed April 2, 2012

we ( around 10 families) booked this hotel . Hotel is good and rooms are neat. we liked the
decor . The breakfast buffet was free. me and my friends family went to breakfast buffet. we asked the waiter for warm milk for kids. we asked 2 cups each. weather was cold outside and milk provided in buffet was cold. Since microwave is in 2 floor , it is difficult to go and warm each cup of milk and come back for eating. This particular waiter after bring the 3 cup of milk said " it is too much work to warm the milk " and it would be extra charge. He was totally rude and rediculous. we did not argue with him at all. Next morning I went for breakfast that same waiter was staring angrily at us. I did not ask him for anything ?, He was serving coffee to others , but did not ask us for coffee. Very poor service, very unhappy.The whole good feeling about the hotel was ruined with this terrible service

1  Thank FamilyMom A

Dear FamilyMom A -

We appreciate your candid review of Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa. While I am pleased you found the cleanliness and decor of the hotel satisfactory, I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused during our breakfast hours.

We understand that each of our guests will have different dietary wishes during breakfast and are always happy to accommodate guest requests when possible. In this particular instance, during a very crowded breakfast, we did offer to bring a large pitcher of warm milk for the 10+ in this single party for a nominal fee in order to increase efficiency of our breakfast service and ensure all of our guests were given the best possible breakfast experience. I apologize if this information was not relayed more accurately.

Please know that we take guest comments very seriously, and I have already shared these comments with the breakfast team to ensure our guests are as comfortable and accommodated as possible during breakfast. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We've stayed here several times over the last few years and always been pleased. We care most about cleanliness and comfort, and this hotel provides plenty of both. The decor is traditional/nautical. Staff are always polite, the free breakfast is tasty and a great value, and there's really just nothing to complain about. Good choice!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear Andy -

Thank you very much for your kind review and for your continued patronage. It is wonderful to know that we are able to provide you with exceptional service and accommodations on each of your visits. I am pleased that you find the decor inviting, the complimentary full American breakfast tasty, and cleanliness up to the impeccable Ayres Hotels standard. We appreciate being your choice of hotel in Orange County and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I lived at the Ayres for nearly two months and experienced nothing but first rate service. The entire staff was polite, courteous, and professional. And the beds...I can't lie, sometimes I'll stay there just to sleep in one of their beds.

Room Tip: upgrade to the suite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Dear Mark -

It was a pleasure welcoming you for such an extended period of time. We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to provide the the best possible hotel experience. I am so pleased that you found the service and accommodations consistently welcoming and comfortable. We hope to welcome you again very soon, even if only to sleep on one of our Ayres Dream Sleeper mattresses.

Safe travels,

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed here in mid-March 2012 for two nights when I had some business matters in the Costa Mesa. I selected the Ayres Hotel & Suties in Costa Mesa on the basis of what I saw on the Internet, these reviews, and because the price seemed affordable especially when it included breakfast. I booked a Deluxe Room and checked in about 15 minutes before check-in time. I was immediately upgraded to a Jr. Executive Suite ... without asking. My room was on the second floor of the Suites Building, with an east-facing view of the airport. The room was clean, well appointed, comfortable, and, simply put, lovely to be in. Some reviews complained about airport noise, so I was waiting for it to materialize: It turned out this was a complete non-factor. Basically, what did the trick for masking any outside noise that might have existed was the "white noise" emanating from the A/C system mounted underneath the window. It is the sort of A/C system that, once it's turned on, emits a constant, quiet, steady, easily forgotten, but effectively noise-masking fan sound. If you are the kind of person that requires absolute, unadulterated, pristine silence from your hotel, then stay somewhere other than a city or suburban hotel. But I sleep best with "white noise" anyway, and actually brought along my own "white noise" machine, but never used it in my Ayres room. I didn't need it. Oh, and the breakfast? Muy deliciouso! Another plus: When I asked the concierge about renting a car, he recommended the car rental operation located in the lobby of the nearby Travelodge (walking distance from the Ayres). It was a good lead: For $40 a day, I rented a 2010, 4-door, Toyota Corolla automatic with A/C and 35 MPG to get me around town. So, my stay at the Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa was an A+, five-star experience. I will stay there again and recommend it to my family and friends.

Room Tip: The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. You don't have to eat out for every meal.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Brent T
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear Brent -

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review of Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa and for choosing our hotel for your stay. We know you have a range of choices in the Costa Mesa area so it is wonderful to know that you chose us. I am pleased that your welcome was so warm and your accommodations so comfortable. The guest experience is of the utmost importance to us so it is always a pleasure to hear that we have made a guest's stay thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you again for taking to time share your comments on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Safe travels,

Island Hotel Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
#2 of 18 in Newport Beach
Best Western Plus Newport Mesa Inn

Been to Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach? Share your experiences!