I stayed here in mid-March 2012 for two nights when I had some business matters in the Costa Mesa. I selected the Ayres Hotel & Suties in Costa Mesa on the basis of what I saw on the Internet, these reviews, and because the price seemed affordable especially when it included breakfast. I booked a Deluxe Room and checked in about 15 minutes before check-in time. I was immediately upgraded to a Jr. Executive Suite ... without asking. My room was on the second floor of the Suites Building, with an east-facing view of the airport. The room was clean, well appointed, comfortable, and, simply put, lovely to be in. Some reviews complained about airport noise, so I was waiting for it to materialize: It turned out this was a complete non-factor. Basically, what did the trick for masking any outside noise that might have existed was the "white noise" emanating from the A/C system mounted underneath the window. It is the sort of A/C system that, once it's turned on, emits a constant, quiet, steady, easily forgotten, but effectively noise-masking fan sound. If you are the kind of person that requires absolute, unadulterated, pristine silence from your hotel, then stay somewhere other than a city or suburban hotel. But I sleep best with "white noise" anyway, and actually brought along my own "white noise" machine, but never used it in my Ayres room. I didn't need it. Oh, and the breakfast? Muy deliciouso! Another plus: When I asked the concierge about renting a car, he recommended the car rental operation located in the lobby of the nearby Travelodge (walking distance from the Ayres). It was a good lead: For $40 a day, I rented a 2010, 4-door, Toyota Corolla automatic with A/C and 35 MPG to get me around town. So, my stay at the Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa was an A+, five-star experience. I will stay there again and recommend it to my family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charm and elegance of a European-inspired boutique hotel awaits you! You'll find all of the 284 luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature, triple sheeted Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, MP3 radios, and hairdryers. A stay at our Costa Mesa hotel means you'll be just moments from some of the biggest California attractions. Only just down the street, you will find the most prestigious shopping mall in Orange County, South Coast Plaza, with stores like Tiffany's and Bloomingdale's. For the theater buffs, the Segerstrom Center for the Arts is only 3 miles away and engages audiences with a broad range of productions in music, dance, and theater. The Orange County Fairgrounds, mere minutes away from the Ayres Hotel and Suites Costa Mesa, plays host to numerous festivals and fairs. The most famous is the Orange County Fair with tons of rides, attractions, and fair food which takes place every Summer. For those coming to California for its pristine beaches, Newport Beach is close by and absolutely breathtaking. Balboa Island is also a short ferry ride away from the nearby Balboa Peninsula and provides great family fun with fair rides and attractions. Explore everything Orange County has to offer when you visit our exceptional Costa Mesa hotel in the heart of the OC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Hotel And Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
- Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa
- Ayres Hotel & Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach CA - Orange County