“Lousy service, expensive mediocre food”

Charlie Palmer at Bloomingdale's
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Anton Blvd.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Loved Dry Creek Kitchen in Healdsburg and was very excited when Charlie Palmer's opened in Orange County. Had one O.K. dinner shortly after it opened and then returned a few months later. The service was terrible. It took 45 minutes for the waiter to take our order. Food for our party of four came out of the kitchen staggered, luke warm, and just so so. It was served by support staff. We asked to see our waiter but he never came. We didn't see him again until he brought the check and then returned to get the bill in minutes. Won't return.

2  Thank Pat P

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have not eaten here since shortly after it first opened. That time I was disappointed. This time I was quite pleased with the 3 course lunch. While the salad was mediocre, the shrimp main dish and the dessert were excellent. Also, the portion size was good, not skimpy. Overall, a good meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We made a reservation for dinner at Charlie Palmer because we are fascinated by good restaurants in shopping areas and the reviews on TripAdvisor were so positive. We were seated immediately. We found it to be a modern decor restaurant with a high ceiling. The food was as outstanding as reviewers say. The slow roasted pork belly was delicious and meaty. Our 8-ounce filet was delicious and free of tough cuts. The broccoli, spinach, and potatoes were also delicious in the wine sauce. Our dessert, three creme brulee: pumpkin chai, vanilla bean, and passion fruit, were memorable. The sweet white wine-by-the-glass menu was limited as far as were concerned, though, especially after-dinner wines such as botrytis or the more moderately-priced ice wines. Service was reasonably good, and servers showed almost excessive concern when we couldn't taste the truffle in the truffle mac and cheese. Two waiters came to our table, and in the end we told them we weren't complaining. If we go again (for the delicious food) we will ask for one of the four tables-for-two in the center of the room that are divided by a partition because they afford much more privacy than the other tables, and we will be eager to taste again the outstanding food..

Reviewed January 14, 2014

For my birthday here.. My girlfriend knows me best when booking the brunch here with the unlimited bloody mary bar!

You have a choice of unlimited mimosa or bloody mary. There is a bar set up with all different condiments and ingredients to customize your own bloody mary. There is a bartender at the beginning of the bar pouring however much tomato juice and liquor you want, and whatever rest you want to put it is up to you such as celery, different types of tabasco, olives, spices, etc. You do it at your own liking..

The best birthday gift ever! Food was pretty good too... My girlfriend seems to love the French Toast Bread Pudding.

Waiting for someone's next bday to come back!

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my hubby and teenage daughter and sat at the bar for happy hour before going to shop at the mall.
Great friendly staff. Bartender made a nice Virgin drink for my daughter. We had the octopus and meatballs, both were amazing ! The pesto on the octopus looked gross but tasted good.
Nice decor as well. Will return.

1  Thank Bowiebow