“Unbelieveable Bloody Mary bar”

Charlie Palmer at Bloomingdale's
Ranked #144 of 510 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Anton Blvd.
Dana Point, California
“Unbelieveable Bloody Mary bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been reading about the unlimited bloody may brunch Sundays at Charlie Palmer costa Mesa and finally decided to try it. It is.a bit of a drive but was with friends and was tired of the same ole so off we went.

OMG, it did not disappoint. The brunch selections were good, small portions but fantastic favors definitely worthy of foodies. By far though, the bloody mary bar was u believably presented. I have never seen a display like this. A silver bucket held a well chilled bottle of good vodka that a server pours for you and then you move on to help yourself to either a gazpacho or tomato juice and a selection of liquid accompaniments including the usual worstershire! Tabasco, but also lime juice, clam juice and more. Then a whole table with what I think must be every hot sauce on the market. Another table holds vegetable accompaniments like the usual olives celery etc but unusual items like lettuce wrapped bacon.

My review cannot do this presentation justice, suffice it to say that it is well worth the price and more. I want to warn that if you are going for an all you can eat brunch, this is not the place. The food is great but it is not a buffet. The crab cakes eggs Benedict, the Cuban pulled pork sandwich and the bread pudding were awesome.

BTW the service was exceptional.

• Visited February 2013

Carlsbad, California
“Charlie Palmer Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I hosted a group of 32 over a business retreat, in Charlie Palmer's Private Room in the Costa Mesa location. Their service was fantastic, with only the exception of some delayed coffee orders. The food - was spectacular. We had a four course meal for the group, that was served with class and tasted amazing. Both salads (Bibb and Spinach options) were wonderful. I had their chicken, which actually impressed me. People that ordered scallops raved - as well as those who chose the filet. The chocolate bomb dessert was RICH and delicious. My group loved me for the choice, and didn't complain about the busy mall location. The restaurant can be a bit loud - but - expected for such a trendy type of spot. I was nervous about a location in such a busy space- but we ran into zero problems. The private space by the way - was PERFECT. A great size for our group, good layout, and cool view of their wine.
I'd go back again, no question.

• Visited October 2012
Mission Viejo, California
“Amazing Prix Fixe Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Charlie Palmer is a very nice spot to have lunch with an always interesting menu. Service is well done, with most of the staff working collaboratively. The Prix Fixe lunch is always wonderful - creative, delicious interpretations that are fresh and take advantage of whatever is in season. Taste combinations are always though provoking. Soups have always been exceptional. Most recent visit we had the mushroom soup which was ethereal - like earthy velvet and complimented with a swirl of goat cheese. Portion sizes on the prix fixe are perfect - giving you a chance to taste a soup or salad, an entree and still have room for a fabulous dessert! Also of note - one of the best martini and cocktail menus - and the best mixologists - the cocktails at CP taste like the ingredients! So many OC mixoloigists just dump in too much of the vodka - CP gives you the vodka, but it is a complement to the overall drinks' flavor profile. Bravo!

Visited October 2012
Palm Desert, California
“A little on the pricey side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The food was pretty good... I liked the wait service but I found the person trying to get us to sample the wine bothered me a little... I'm not a wine drinker and my friends were ... and they were not interested in buy wine... so it bothered our dining experience. This place is okay to take someone that you want to impress... but not for a routine lunch

Visited March 2012
Palm Desert, California
“Fun! Young! Great people watching”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent some time in the bar on Friday night. Very young hip croud. Cool TV. Good drinks. Recommend.

Visited August 2012