“Your Marin County home away from home.”
Review of Marin Suites Hotel

Marin Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Corte Madera
Novato, California
“Your Marin County home away from home.”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

My daughter, a housemate, 2 small dogs and I stayed in a 2 Br suite for about 6 weeks and found the hotel to be very comfortable and over-the-top accomodating. The staff learned our names, the names of the dogs and our likes and dislikes very quickly. The breakfasts every morning were enough to squeeze into a light lunch, the internet never failed and, when the weather topped 90 degrees, a portable air conditioner was delivered without our asking! The attention to detail in the kitchen and bathroom was impressive...q-tips, cotten balls, etc. We would recommend this hotel to our friends, families and clients without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank martywick
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2016
Thank you for taking the time with your review and sharing your experience.

We apologize for the delay. As the Director of Sales, it is very important that I follow up and read all of our reviews. We realize you have choices when choosing a hotel. We appreciate having the opportunity to be your lodging partner when you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I was recommended by the book store that is right next door to The Marin Suites Hotel where I flew in for an event and at first I will have to admit I was a little apprehensive about booking a room there. They seem to have one good and one bad review for every person who has stayed here in the last few months..hmm...well, I was out of luck because everyone else in the area was sold out or the prices at other hotels in Marin were just ridiculous so I took a chance.
Now some posted here that the kids at the pool were loud and screaming. Yes, they were, but it's called the summer! The weather was very nice during my stay and it is a wonderful family friendly hotel so the children were having a blast in a very clean and well maintained pool area. The adults looked like they were in heaven in the hot tub that sits right next to it so they could keep an eye on their kiddies. The pool closes at 10 pm, like every other hotel I've stayed at and after that, complete quiet. I had a back room where the highway 101 is located. If you are a noise sensitive person, request a room that is located closer to the front lobby area otherwise it was like white noise to me, not a big problem, especially since I originate from LA.
The rooms are huge! Like mini apartments, you have a lot of space if you get a one bedroom suite! Mini kitchens and flat screen t.v.'s. not bad for the price! Ok, no A/C, yes, that is strange for a hotel of this size but it's Marin, every night I was there I felt the temp drop significantly by night fall. The rooms are not fancy, the carpet in my room was a little worn and a few stains, but I went in with an open mind and realized that it's not the Hilton. The front desk staff are very warm and attentive, I had a couple of requests and they were more than happy to accomidate me with an internet problem and some local dining requests. So travelers, go in with an open mind, it really is a nice place, family friendly, and pet friendly as well. A large and yummy breakfast, super easy highway access and huge rooms for great prices. I would recommend this hotel to a friend or my family. Thumbs Up!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ArtandTravelr

San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I'm a local and lived in Marin for 8 years. Our apartment is under repair and because we have a dog, we needed a dog friendly place to stay. My first choice was booked up.
Too bad I am stuck here for 5 days. The website is much nicer than the actual hotel which is a slum. The staff is not only unhelpful but unprofessional. Upon check in the clerk used fowl language repeatedly in front of me complaining about a customer on the phone asking too many questions. He didn't seem to care I was standing there waiting to be helped.
After I unpacked for my week long stay and settled in to listen to non stop screaming kids in the pool all day into night, I recieved a call saying I need to get out of that room because a VIP customer only will stay in my room and I need to move by tomorrow. He treated me like I was an intruder in someone's home. I was told repeatedly people would be fired if I didn't get out of that room. It was silly to me since the room was not very nice but I was so offended the way I was treated it upset me. My new room was in a better location so I was happy about that until the middle of the night and lots of noise from the parking lot and people below me who were just talking but I could here everything.
Next, since I am stuck a week, I have calls coming to my room phone line. My mother calls and is told she needs to call a different line because she ties up the line too long.... She was very offended and said she won't be calling. The wi-fi never worked. They referred me to a 1-800 number. I headed over the Barnes and Nobel instead and used their free wi-fi.
The place comes with a kitchen and a note saying their cleaning staff doesn't do dishes use the detergent provided. Of course, no detergent. Both rooms I had been in was missing one thing or another. There doesn't seem to be a supply check after someone has vacated.

The nicest thing about the hotel is the pool and the hot tub however, this is a very kid friendly hotel. All day and into night the pool is packed, even the lounge chairs. Its adjacent to a "Serenity" lounge which was a good idea however the screaming kids in the pool defeat the purpose.

This is not worth the money. The rooms are very spacious for large families but not very clean. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarinGypsy

We are and will continue to improve on our guest experience with feedback like yours.
Palmdale, California
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I was a little apprehensive to book my stay here after reading some of the reviews listed on this website, but I am so glad that I decided to afterall. This hotel is great! My 2 bedroom suite was very clean and extremely comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. It was great to have a kitchen for any cooking I might decide to do. The grounds here are beautiful, the pool sparkling clean. The staff are very friendly and helpfull. The complimentary breakfast is just what you need to start your day, and the location was perfect. I have been reccomending this place to all I know and will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Suznsand
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stay at this hotel almost every 2 weeks of the month and am always comfortable and satisfied with the accommodations. The help is courteous, the rooms spacious, and outdoor spaces so enjoyable. I am a long time editor of a shelter magazine and I am confident that when guests experience this hotel they will see that the photos indeed match the actual settings. The trick may be to simply ask for what you need if it isn't apparent and the staff will readily respond!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank TCRAIN

New York City
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The location is great - close to SF. Nice in Marin County. A few major drawbacks -- very loud between the freeways and the courtyards where the conversations echo. Not good for light sleepers! Rooms are smelly, but big. Pool is great, but housekeeping is nonexistent.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

mendo
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I have stayed here many times. This is the first time since it has been completely renovated. We were there for two nights and really enjoyed it. It is so close to zip in and out of San Fran, so you get the best of both worlds. My daughter and my niece really enjoyed the pool for 2 days and I did too. I usually don't go in much, but I did, it was so nice and the hot tub..... Plenty of pool towels and chairs available. Breakfast is good and is included in your room. All the staff is very friendly and of course helpful for what ever you need.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

#1 of 5 in Mill Valley
Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County

Been to Marin Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!